Time For Some Common Sense Changes in Gun Regulation, Not Control - Page 10
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Time For Some Common Sense Changes in Gun Regulation, Not Control

The second amendment says nothing about hunting, or what arms people can "bear". Where do these people come up with this stuff. So I will keep my weapons, assault or not and enjoy shooting them. Also they are tools for me to protect me and my family. Oh and also the oath that I took in the armed forces. To defend our constitution. I wish all these people that want to "redefine" our constitution and amendments, would just pack up and leave this country. I am sure you could find one that suits your needs. :-p

3. Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    He took the legally owned, legally registered firearms, in one of the most strict states from his mother when he MURDERED her. What gun control law would have stopped this? Maybe if we made murder illegal.

Or are you saying that before you murder someone for their guns you should do a transfer through an FFL? Great idea. Have them walk up to the counter, tell the guy "I'm about to kill my mom, i need to transfer her guns, what form is that?" That might actually work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Apparently you didn't read my whole comment and certainly didn't get my point. Both of your comments are exactly the attitude that the anti gun crowd will jump all over: sarcastic, irrelevant, over-the-top.

My main point is that 2nd amendment supporters like ourselves need to stop sounding like idiots. We need to appear to support gun safety in a way that those opposed to gun ownership can't easily argue without significantly affecting what most of us would consider reasonable use, e.g., hunting, competitions, home and personal self defense including concealed carry, etc.

One thing I learned today about the assault rifle ban is that it applied to semi-automatic weapons. Somehow I didn't know that; I was totally uninformed and thought it only applied to fully automatic weapons. A ban on semi-automatic weapons is stupid.

But I still see no need for the general public to own fully automatic weapons.

4. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    I call TROLL on this one. Oy two posts with no idea at all about what they are saying!
    Attachment 8120
    Sorry. Just joined, so I haven't had much time to post anything.

I'm really not trying to rile anyone up. But the whole community of gun supporters needs to start thinking about how we sound to someone opposed to our ideas. If we don't, the press will eat us alive and make our fight for our 2nd amendment rights that much harder.

The press will "eat us alive" no matter what we say. We need to make our stand.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Re: Time For Some Common Sense Changes in Gun Regulation, Not Control

Quote Originally Posted by MartyH View Post
    Apparently you didn't read my whole comment and certainly didn't get my point. Both of your comments are exactly the attitude that the anti gun crowd will jump all over: sarcastic, irrelevant, over-the-top.

My main point is that 2nd amendment supporters like ourselves need to stop sounding like idiots. We need to appear to support gun safety in a way that those opposed to gun ownership can't easily argue without significantly affecting what most of us would consider reasonable use, e.g., hunting, competitions, home and personal self defense including concealed carry, etc.

One thing I learned today about the assault rifle ban is that it applied to semi-automatic weapons. Somehow I didn't know that; I was totally uninformed and thought it only applied to fully automatic weapons. A ban on semi-automatic weapons is stupid.

But I still see no need for the general public to own fully automatic weapons.
    I understand your comment. You don't understand that i am mocking your stupidity.

And thanks for proving it with your response. You open your mouth before even trying to find the facts. In a world of Google that is stupid and lazy. Fully automatic firearms aren't used in crimes. If you tried to inform yourself before running your mouth you would know that and people wouldn't have to take time out of their day to let you know how dumb you are.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....

OP, you're saying that all we have to do to prevent an act is... make it a crime? HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLD THE PRESSES, WE JUST FIGUREED OUT HOW TO STOP PEOPLES ACTIONS AND BEHAVIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW HAVE WE NOT FIGURED THIS OUT SOONER?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by MartyH View Post
    start thinking about how we sound to someone opposed to our ideas. If we don't, the press will eat us alive and make our fight for our 2nd amendment rights that much harder.
    This is akin to being nice to the Taliban in hope and change that they might like us. Ain't gonna happen. Remember that at the Battles of Lexington and Concord, the British were marching to seize " all powder, shot and arms" from Militia. The Militia had been playing nice until then, hoping that King George would reason with them.

The press is already whipping up as much hysteria as they can muster.
    They will now begin to vilify and make jokes about any pro-gun Senator or House Rep.
    Watch and see.

They are now quoting the Twiter verse with Tweets by dumbed down people that know more about sphincter bleaching than the Constitution or Guberment.
    Even the press is demanding that Obama do something to prevent this from ever happening again! Like he has the power of God or a King.

Sad really.
    Tolerance of the intolerant leads to the destruction of tolerance. “You are also reminded that any inappropriate remarks or jokes concerning security may result in your arrest,” in the land of the free.

Quote Originally Posted by KYK22 View Post
    Firts off, I am a gun owner and will always be a gun owner. I fully defend our right to "keep and bear arms" under the 2nd Amendment, but truthfully, after the past year, it is time for some common sense chages to be made in gun regulation. I don't use the terminology "gun control" because I believe that terminology is part of the problem.
    1. It's time that ALL GUN SALES be done by legal FFL holders and the proper paperwork be filled out and background checks to be done, and to stop all of the sale of guns on the street, at flea markets, and Gun Shows, ect. by those who do bot have a FFL. I saw a 14 year old boy buy a .30-.30 rifle at a local flea market last month, and the seller had no problem at all putting this firearm in the hands of a child who had no adult with them. I was rudely told when I ask about this that "it was none of your damn business who I sell a gun to, and this is how I make a living!" Anyone who sells a firearm anywhere should be required by law to have a FFL and do the paperwork. This won't cure the problem with so many guns out there unregistered, but it might help. Oh, and by the way, I don't buy anything from these sellers to begin with.
    As previously stated, already illegal. You should have reported the seller to authorities if you wanted to do the right thing.

2. It's time for a ban on assault rifles being sold to the public. An assault rifle is made for one purpose and one purpose only for the military to use. Anyone needing a 30-shot AR rifle to deer hunt with does not need to be out in the woods hunting to begin with if they need this many rounds to kill a deer with. I haven't seen any deers wearing flak jackets anywhere either. While deer hunting last year on the farm my son lives on which is surrounded by the Daniel Boone National Forest, it sounded like a war was going on over the ridge from us where several hunters were apparently using ARs to hunt with.

So you go hunting strickly with a black powder, one shot rifle, correct? Because as you stated, you don't need multiple shots to kill the deer.

3. We, as gun owners, are going to have to agree to make some changes to the gun regulations and reach a compromise on gun regulation and get out of the frame of mind that "I can own whatever I want to." Our country was built on compromises, and I fear that in light of what has happened in 2012 that if we don't agree to some common-sense based compromises about gun ownership and regulation, gun ownership could be on the way out for the public.

Sorry, no I DON'T have to agree.

4. I don't agree with the opinion that "gun registration is the first step to the government coming and taking my guns away from me" either. If I buy a gun, it is through a FFL dealer who fills out all of the paperwork, so the government already knows what guns I own and nobody has come to take them away from me yet, except the scum bag who stole all of mine and my father's guns in 1972. I believe if you buy a legal firearm through a FFL dealer, then the government has no right to come and take it from you. That's something that the government will have to conceed to as a compromise.
    5. It's time that the government, federal and state, begin to enforce the gun laws that are already on the books and carry out severe punishments for those who use a firearm in the commission of a crime. It's time to say "OK, you commit a violent crime with a firearm, it's life with no parole, and you commit a murder with a firearm, it's the deathy penalty period, no plea bargains!" If all of the Liberals demanding an outright ban on all firearms continue to do so, then they are going to have to agree to ban any item that can be used to kill another person with - automobiles, knives, baseball bats, lead pipes, hammers, hatchets, axes, rocks, bricks, rope, etc., etc., etc. People, you don't need a gun to kill someone because there are plenty of other items that can be used to do that with.
    I know that everyone is not going to agree with these suggestions, but reality check people, something is going to have to be done before it's maybe me or you who is being contacted next about a love one being killed in one of these senseless acts of violence. And I truley believe that some common-sense compromises are going to have to be and can be reached to ensure yours and my right to own a firearm legally. Again, I know that these opinions of mine are not going to be accepted by everyone, so don't waste you time lam-blasting me over these. I would like to see some other's of you post your common-sense suggestions and compromises as to what should be done about gun regulation to address this seemingly out-of-control problem in the USA.
    My answers are in BOLD above. Sorry, but I think you are mistaken on most of your points, if not all.

How to Spot an AHSA Fifth Columnist Troll

Firts off, I am a gun owner
    1. They claim to be a "gun owner", yet (see below) they display uncommon ignorance of elementary firearms knowledge.

but truthfully, after the past year, it is time for some common sense chages to be made in gun regulation.
    2. They use the talking points and buzzwords of the most extreme anti-gunners, such as "common sense gun control" and "assault weapon".

It's time that ALL GUN SALES be done by legal FFL holders
    3. They demand repressive measures intended to ensure that future confiscations are more easily facilitated.

This won't cure the problem with so many guns out there unregistered, but it might help.
    4. They reinforce their desire for future confiscation by both demanding "registration" and portraying registration of firearms as the "norm".

It's time for a ban on assault rifles being sold to the public.
    5. As noted above, they display pathetic ignorance and or dishonesty. They try to deceive the unwary into believing that ARs are MACHINEGUNS. Alternatively, they use the empty term "assault weapon", which has no fixed meaning and which is used to describe the maximum number of firearms which they wish to ban and confiscate.

An assault rifle is made for one purpose and one purpose only for the military to use. Anyone needing a 30-shot AR rifle to deer hunt with does not need to be out in the woods hunting to begin with if they need this many rounds to kill a deer with.
    6. They pretend that the 2nd Amendment is about hunting, an "idea" so despicably stupid that it's equivalent to saying that the purpose of the 1st Amendment is about karaoke.

We, as gun owners, are going to have to agree to make some changes to the gun regulations and reach a compromise on gun regulation and get out of the frame of mind that "I can own whatever I want to."
    7. They call for "compromise", knowing that there's as much chance for "compromise" between gun owners and those who would create an absolute government monopoly on the means of armed force as there was for "compromise" between Anne Frank and Adolf Eichmann.

I don't agree with the opinion that "gun registration is the first step to the government coming and taking my guns away from me" either.
    8. They LIE about the history of registration followed by confiscation, from the Soviet Union, to Nazi Germany, to California and Chicago.

It's time that the government, federal and state, begin to enforce the gun laws that are already on the books and carry out severe punishments for those who use a firearm in the commission of a crime.
    9. They babble inanely about enforcing existing laws, knowing full well that the Obama administration actively SUBVERTED both the Gun Control Act of 1968 AND the International Trade in Arms Regulation (ITAR) to arm hyper-violent Mexican drug gangs in a crass attempt to stir up support for a sham "assault weapon" ban.

What to do about AHSA fifth columnists:
    1. Identify them using 1-9 above. Publicly label them as AHSA fifth columnists.
    2. Don't be fooled into believing they're sincere.
    3. Don't allow them to set the terms of debate. REFUSE to use their deceptive terminology.
    4. Don't allow them to lie without challenge. Beat them viciously with documented fact.
    5. Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    6. Spread the word.

2Awarrior Guest
    Wow, Deanimator - I thought I knew how to put two sentences together, but that is one great post.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast