Question about out of state permit
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question about out of state permit

  1. Question about out of state permit

    Hello all, I'm new to the forum. I just have a quick question. I just recently moved to Montana from Alaska (7 months ago). I had a CCW permit in Alaska. Even though I am now an official resident of Montana, can I still carry concealed using my Alaska permit? Or am I required to have one issued from the state of Montana? The law that I'm reading isn't very clear.
    Thank you,

  3. #2
    Visit for all your answers.
    Last edited by Tee Shot; 12-22-2012 at 06:09 AM. Reason: wrong link

  4. I also recently moved to Montana and had the same question as I currently have Virginia and Florida Non-Resident Permits, both of which are recognized in MT.

    I did not find anything explicit in MT codes that requires residents to have a MT permit; unlike Louisiana for example, which states you must have a LA permit if you are a resident.

    Take note of the red text under the 'Permits/Licenses This State Honors' section right under the maps:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts