Need tips to convince wife afraid of handguns - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Need tips to convince wife afraid of handguns

1. Well. I would say getting a pistol that has a internal lock on it would help convince her. As well as a biometric safe.
    As for carrying I would say a pistol with multiple safeties. So if one of them did get a hold of it, u may have a few seconds to get it back before they figure it out. Also inside waist band carry.

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    Biometric gun safes and deep conceal holsters, like the 3Speed. (3 Speed Holster)

You won't forget to close this: Gunvault SpeedVault SVB500 gun safe - Amazon.com Keep the extra key somewhere impossible to get at, and the kids can't get in unless they cut your fingers off. You'll notice if they try that.

And wearing a holster that's actually inside your pants will probably deter kids as well. Can't imagine they want to go there.
    I use the 3 Speed Holster. Write it from time I awoke till I went to bed. Took her two months to finally ask me what happened to my holster. When I told her it's been on me last two months...she was pissed. She still thinks I'm paranoid for wearing at home.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

4. My wife was the same! I had a long talk about her and addressed all the 'what if's' that she had in her mind. That really helped soothed her racing thoughts.
    Afterwards, I also showed her how we can safely store a handgun in a gun safe that works on fingerprint bio-metrics. Can;t say it was easy, but after a few attempts, I successfully convinced her.

5. Quote Originally Posted by tinytank View Post
    My wife was the same! I had a long talk about her and addressed all the 'what if's' that she had in her mind. That really helped soothed her racing thoughts.
    Afterwards, I also showed her how we can safely store a handgun in a gun safe that works on fingerprint bio-metrics. Can;t say it was easy, but after a few attempts, I successfully convinced her.
    Because naturally women are not into violence. Even if the objective of having a gun is protection and self defense. It is still scary with the thought of having one. But, congratulations to you, you were able to convince her.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234