Officer told me yesterday no longer required to show CCW when stopped by LEO - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Officer told me yesterday no longer required to show CCW when stopped by LEO

In some states you are required to tell and officer you are carrying concealed if stopped. And, some states you are not. I live in a state that you don't .

3. Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    In some states you are required to tell and officer you are carrying concealed if stopped. And, some states you are not. I live in a state that you don't .
    Yeah, but asking the officer if they want to hold your gun? "Officer, would you like to put me, yourself, and anyone else around us in extra danger by needlessly taking my gun from me and taking it back to your car with you where you will do God only knows what with it?"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I live in a must advise state, however that does not mean you volunteer to surrender your gun to the cop.

If the cop wants to take control of my gun, I will first explain that we are both safer if no one handles their gun, and if he gets all rambo and insists, I will not touch my gun, he will have to disarm me, and I will take this up with the chief or sheriff after the fact.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

5. Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull11 View Post
    Anyone else here this?
    Assuming you are in Texas the information that officer provided is incorrect. Now, it could have been that the specific officer you are referring to didn't care to see it but that's not what the law states.

Now, there is no penalty or fine in place for not showing your LTC but the statute says you will provide your DL and LTC to the officer. Failure to actually provide it may cause the officer to become slightly concerned since he/she most certainly knows you have one it's still ironic that NO penalty or fine actually exists for that action.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456