Almost lost my veterinarian on Wednesday - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost lost my veterinarian on Wednesday

You know, if I had to venture a guess, I don't think the vet had anything to do with the signs. I think it was the office manager, who has little customer contact and no direct veterinary duties. That would explain why the vet I spoke with didn't seem to be aware of it, and also the seeming lack of thought as to how the decision would affect the customer base. But as I said, that's just my guess.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

3. I totally agree that you handled this correctly. I live in a small town as well, where everyone knows everyone, which has the benefit of (as in this case) the higher ups finding out pretty quickly, and being able to reach out personally.

Our state statutes, lists hospitals (vague reference) as places you cannot CC. The good animal vets, all pretty much call themselves Veterinarian Hospitals. Is that a catch 22? Is a people doctors office, that looks like a small hospital, a place you can CC? In my state, I stay out of all Clinics, with CC. I am more afraid of compromising my rights, than I am a bad man in a clinic. I could be wrong. I could be dead wrong.

I can read it now, someone is going to say I am not a slave, and my rights, is the 2nd Amendment. OK, whatever. lol

6. Quote Originally Posted by TexasBB View Post
    The vet chose to inform his customers through a sign with no explanation or invitation of feedback. The poster handled the situation appropriately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I agree!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    I spoke with him again a couple of days ago when I had questions about medications for the dogs. At the end of the conversation he asked if I'd gotten the message about the signs being taken down. He apologized for the matter and thanked me for bringing it to his attention, making me really start to wonder if he was even aware the signs were there. He doesn't come in the front doors that the customers do where the signs are, so it's possible he hadn't seen them. But he was very adamant in insuring I know that it was all a mistake and that the signs were definitely gone for good. Like I said, he's a really nice guy and we get along with him really well. That's why we always make our appointments specifically with him and consider him our personal vet. His wife's really nice too. Too bad she doesn't work there anymore.
    As for the manner of how I initially voiced the matter, you need to consider that this is a small town vet's office. It's a very small group of people that work very closely together, and they commonly share jobs. I didn't need to hand them a card or make a monetary connection to get the point across or to 'spread the word'. They all know what happens there because they're all involved with all facets of the practice. Everybody there knew what happened when I requested the records to go to another vet. I have absolutely no doubt of that. There's usually no more than six people there at any given time and three of them were in the room when I made the request. And since the girl at the desk was somewhat new, she had to ask for assistance in printing out my entire records because she'd never done it before. So everybody knew what was happening, and those not physically present would have been privy to discussions about it anyway. They're like a close knit family that way. And I'm sure Brett (my vet) had some things to say when he had them remove the signs too. So while I very much agree with the practice of handing out NGNM cards, and I do have them, they really weren't necessary in this particular case.
    I see nothing wrong with your decision or the manner in which you handled it. It worked out well and sometimes you just have to take a stand and you did it publicly which I'm sure sent a strong message.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12