Two Different Cities, Same Ol' Police State - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: Two Different Cities, Same Ol' Police State

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Rocky River, Ohio
    Posts
    1,525
    Quote Originally Posted by vernsimpson View Post
    Very true. We have to protect ourselves but without the Police there would be total chaos, riots, looting and destruction such as we have seen during protests in many of our cities.
    You seem to be implying that those cities didn't HAVE police.

    If they DID, and they STILL had "total chaos, riots, looting and destruction", that tends to contradict your argument.

    I view the police as a SOMETIMES necessary EVIL.

    I have no illusions about their motivations or in some cases competence.

    I've lived in Chicago where the Chicago PD is simply just another species of criminal, living on the public dole.

    I've lived in NE Ohio and seen the Cleveland PD in action. Unlike the Chicago PD, they're unlikely to beat you outside of a law enforcement context, or to rob you outright. On the other hand, they quite clearly don't give a damn, as evidenced by 2/3 of my interactions with them, and their record of ignoring race riots, a dead woman by the side of the Interstate (whom they identified as a "deer"), and multiple kidnapping victims in one location for TEN years.

    I AVOID the police whenever humanly possible. The odds of them doing anything of BENEFIT to me are slim to none. Depending upon where I am, the odds of them HARMING me, short of actually shooting me, can be quite high. Unlike the grifters of "Black [Felon] Lives Matter", I don't believe that a [Black] felon getting shot to death in the act of a violent assault is a cause for outrage, nor do I believe that the only "misdeeds" by police which matter are the shootings of violent [Black] felons in the act. Akai Gurley wasn't committing ANY crime, and NEITHER the police unions NOR Black Lives Matter give a damn about him OR people like Kathryn Johnston, Emma Hernandez, Margie Carranza or David Perdue.

  2.   
  3. The LA guy was resisting arrest. End of story. Carry a gun, resist arrest, get shot. Pretty simple, justified and after you peel away all the BS, that's really all there is to it.

    The MN guy, pillar of the community, cafeteria supervisor (community organizer underling?) was an armed robbery suspect. Maybe the caf sup thing was just his day job, dunno. Anyway, similar narrative: Carry a gun, meet a cop looking for you, get shot. Simple, correct and time-proven outcome. You wanna play with guns and cops, you're on your own.

    Obey the authorities and let the lawyers sort it out later, if called for. These a-holes had no right doing what they did, and ordinary citizens have EVERY RIGHT to be protected from this type of scum.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    The LA guy was resisting arrest. End of story. Carry a gun, resist arrest, get shot. Pretty simple, justified and after you peel away all the BS, that's really all there is to it.
    You just gave LEOs a blank check to shoot you when you are resisting arrest. Assuming you are regularly carrying a weapon, you just gave up your due process right. Resisting arrest while being in possession of a firearm is not a lethal force situation, unless that firearm gets used against a person. The RNC Convention in Cleveland is in the next few days. Many demonstrators will legally carry firearms. Does that mean that if they resist arrest they can be legally shot by LEOs? A simple protest can easily end up in a blood bath using your simplistic argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    The MN guy, pillar of the community, cafeteria supervisor (community organizer underling?) was an armed robbery suspect. Maybe the caf sup thing was just his day job, dunno. Anyway, similar narrative: Carry a gun, meet a cop looking for you, get shot. Simple, correct and time-proven outcome. You wanna play with guns and cops, you're on your own.
    Since important details about this case are still unknown to us, this statement is simplistic as well. Again, you just gave LEOs a blank check to shoot you during a traffic stop.

    Philando Castile had a permit to carry a firearm. He was stopped because he matched the description of an armed robbery suspect. Police audio described Castile as looking like a robbery suspect because of his skin color and wide-set nose, which matches the vast majority of black males. This sounds suspicious to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    Obey the authorities and let the lawyers sort it out later, if called for. These a-holes had no right doing what they did, and ordinary citizens have EVERY RIGHT to be protected from this type of scum.
    The side of the road is never the place to argue with LEOs. That still does not give them the right to shoot and kill someone. You just argued your Constitutional rights away in favor of a police state, because you want to feel safe. So, when are you giving up your firearm and join Moms Demand Action Against Gun Violence?

  5. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,833
    "Matching the description of" and "suspect" for any crime are not words/phrases which are synonymous. Someone matching the description of an unknown bad actor only gives cops reasonable articulable suspicion to contact that citizen in order to investigate further whether or not they indeed are the person(s) they're looking for. A "suspect" is a known person, or at the very least, a person identified by either security pics/vids or witnesses as the person who committed a given crime, even if their name isn't known at the time. No way in Hell was Castile identified as the suspect in the robbery security pics by the cop simply passing him going the other way in a car, turning around and pulling him over. Once he saw the round face of Castile and taken the opportunity to compare it to the long, skinny face of the pictured felon, he should've said, "Sorry for the inconvenience" and just let him go on his way. Other than a slight, skinny build, there is nothing "matching" between Castile and the security pics that I can discern, and even if there was, it was still only to the level of RAS for the cop to base continuation of the stop to investigate further on. Castile never rose to the level of "suspect" before he was shot while reaching for his ID after alerting the cop that he was legally armed. There is zero evidence in the public domain to the contrary on any of these points thus far.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. The willfully ignorant BS level in this thread is reaching record levels.

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    The willfully ignorant BS level in this thread is reaching record levels.
    Do you have any actual argument or are you just venting your frustration over not having one?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Do you have any actual argument or are you just venting your frustration over not having one?
    What argument? I don't have time to argue with fools in the Internet. You sound like the frustrated one, to me. I certainly won't be arguing with the likes of you.

    Maybe you should try arguing with a police officer? That'd be an apropos way to solve your argument problem.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    The willfully ignorant BS level in this thread is reaching record levels.
    Do you have any actual argument or are you just venting your frustration over not having one?
    What argument? I don't have time to argue with fools in the Internet. You sound like the frustrated one, to me. I certainly won't be arguing with the likes of you.
    Yet, you have time to respond to my post. I see that you respond with ad hominem attacks, since you can't or don't want to formulate a clearly thought through argument. I am certainly a fool to expect any reasonable argument from you. I am certainly not frustrated after a nice day at the range.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nadir Point View Post
    Maybe you should try arguing with a police officer? That'd be an apropos way to solve your argument problem.
    Talked to a few officers at the range just today, especially about the Baton Rouge shooting as the news was evolving. Your police state argument of "comply or die" did not came up though.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast