Utah CCW Permit Fee Increases

Thread: Utah CCW Permit Fee Increases

Utah CCW Permit Fee Increases

For Resident ($37 -> $57) and Non-Resident ($47 -> $67) CCW permits. Permit renewal fees look unchanged.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2017...n-fee-increase

New forms/fees link, below:

https://bci.utah.gov/wp-content/uplo...p-07302017.pdf

(Plus required Utah BCI-approved training, fingerprinting, photo and mailing expenses, of course!)

And ... (updated) -

State lawmakers question Utah concealed carry fee hike
    Attached Images Attached Images Utah CCW Permit Fee Increases-5d36b5c3e78c7c64e90d80b0d0fd356f.jpg 

Utah lawmakers advance fee hikes on gun permits, background checks

The Utah Legislature’s Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Interim Committee gave approval this week to a measure that would drive up renewal costs for concealed firearms permits and background checks.

Under the 25-page proposal, which adjusts a wide variety of public safety fees, the renewal fees for CFP permits would move from $15 to $24.75 for in-state residents, the same price as a new applicant. In addition, the $7.50 Brady fee assessed on firearms transfers would jump to $10.

Quote Originally Posted by RedWriter2015 View Post
    Utah lawmakers advance fee hikes on gun permits, background checks

The Utah Legislature’s Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice Interim Committee gave approval this week to a measure that would drive up renewal costs for concealed firearms permits and background checks.

Under the 25-page proposal, which adjusts a wide variety of public safety fees, the renewal fees for CFP permits would move from $15 to $24.75 for in-state residents, the same price as a new applicant. In addition, the $7.50 Brady fee assessed on firearms transfers would jump to $10.
    I got my first concealed carry permit many years ago. All I had to do was walk in the sheriff's office and ask for it. No fee or hassle. Out the door and haven't had any problems since. New sheriff, charged $5.00 to put into his operating funds. Several years later, $20.00 per year and the ability to buy a five year license for $100.00. Both the wife and I chose the five year license so we wouldn't have to worry about forgetting an annual renewal.