Best 1911 for Beginners? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best 1911 for Beginners?

1. Since you mentioned beginner and I would not start a beginner on a .45 or 9mm, may I suggest the Browning 1911-380? There are many Youtube reviews, one by a .380 hater that grudgingly said it was an okay gun, but not for him.

3. Quote Originally Posted by WanderingSol07 View Post
    Since you mentioned beginner and I would not start a beginner on a .45 or 9mm, may I suggest the Browning 1911-380? There are many Youtube reviews, one by a .380 hater that grudgingly said it was an okay gun, but not for him.
    A mid bore round like a 9mm or .38Super out of a steel frame 1911 has a light enough recoil that a beginner should be able to use it just fine. My niece started shooting mine at age 12.

4. Quote Originally Posted by terreythompson View Post
    I'm looking to get a single-action semi-auto for my son for his birthday. I remember loving the 1911 when I was growing up, it was the gun my father used to teach me how to shoot and I just remember it offering terrific performance and minimal recoil.

I'm not all that familiar with the modern 1911 so I've been shopping around, trying to find the best 1911 for my budget. I'm hoping to spend under a thousand bucks, but I want to make sure I'm getting him a decent piece.

I came across this article that lists a bunch of different pistols with a range of prices: https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-1911-money/

Does anyone have any experience with any of these pistols? I'm looking for specs and stuff, really anything you can tell me about features and value for the money. If there's one that's better than the others for slightly more $, I'm willing to spend about eight or nine hundred dollars. Any info?
    I would say get a compensator for it if your set on that gun. It will look like this

Sent from my LG-K371 using USA Carry mobile app

5. Sorry the pic didn't show.

Sent from my LG-K371 using USA Carry mobile app

6. I donít know if this email chain is still being checked, but my latest 1911 purchase was a Springfield Range Officer in 9mm. I donít know of the drama with Springfield but I will testify regarding the quality of the gun.

Members at 2 ranges, we try to go shooting weekly. My wife, who achieved NRA Distinguished Expert with the gun hogs it and I have to wait till she moves on to practice with her EDC Sig938 before I get to shoot it (grrr). She will put 100 rounds down range each session (sometimes many more) and never, never have had a failure with the gun using Federal ball ammo from Walmart.

It is a target gun and not well suited to CC. I have no reservations in recommending it wholeheartedly.

Sent from my iPad using USA Carry mobile app

Thanks for the input RangerFred

I do have many customers that havent had any issues with their Springfieldís as well , hopefully it gets cleared up as soon as possible for the ones that do

8. Quote Originally Posted by terreythompson View Post
    I'm looking to get a single-action semi-auto for my son for his birthday. I remember loving the 1911 when I was growing up, it was the gun my father used to teach me how to shoot and I just remember it offering terrific performance and minimal recoil.

I'm not all that familiar with the modern 1911 so I've been shopping around, trying to find the best 1911 for my budget. I'm hoping to spend under a thousand bucks, but I want to make sure I'm getting him a decent piece.

I came across this article that lists a bunch of different pistols with a range of prices: https://gunnewsdaily.com/best-1911-money/

Does anyone have any experience with any of these pistols? I'm looking for specs and stuff, really anything you can tell me about features and value for the money. If there's one that's better than the others for slightly more $, I'm willing to spend about eight or nine hundred dollars. Any info?
    Remington R1 1911 .45 acp

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry mobile app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12