Opinions/Experience with Urban Carry IWB? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions/Experience with Urban Carry IWB?

1. Ha! Fantastic feedback, thank you.

As I don't exactly have a Brad Pitt build either, I could see the same issues occurring for me.

3. I've worn the first gen for over a year now, for ultimate concealment you can't beat it. I've passed getting wanded places by just pulling my keys out of my pocket... (bad security, obviously and not for any reason than to just see if I could get past the kid) Gen 2 looks like much needed improvements, but I'm so practiced with it I've adapted at this point to all the drawbacks except seated, which is just what it is. I "could" get to it in my car with the right motivation, but it wouldn't be while driving for sure. For me the concealed needs outweigh the quick draw. I crawl around equipment, under people's desks, climb things, and lay down with no fears of anyone ever knowing. Anytime I'm not at work I carry differently, or I'd say "additionally" because my Urban Carry is on me unless I'm sleeping or in a non carry allowed environment. I would not be able to carry any other way during the work day comfortably anyway and I'm fine with that. I have that additional separate gun for my car, which I then carry IWB at 3 with an alien gear that is very comfortable but not nearly as guaranteed invisible.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Quote Originally Posted by NoitaleveR View Post
    I've worn the first gen for over a year now, for ultimate concealment you can't beat it. I've passed getting wanded places by just pulling my keys out of my pocket... (bad security, obviously and not for any reason than to just see if I could get past the kid) Gen 2 looks like much needed improvements, but I'm so practiced with it I've adapted at this point to all the drawbacks except seated, which is just what it is. I "could" get to it in my car with the right motivation, but it wouldn't be while driving for sure. For me the concealed needs outweigh the quick draw. I crawl around equipment, under people's desks, climb things, and lay down with no fears of anyone ever knowing. Anytime I'm not at work I carry differently, or I'd say "additionally" because my Urban Carry is on me unless I'm sleeping or in a non carry allowed environment. I would not be able to carry any other way during the work day comfortably anyway and I'm fine with that. I have that additional separate gun for my car, which I then carry IWB at 3 with an alien gear that is very comfortable but not nearly as guaranteed invisible.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry
    USA Carry needs a "Like" button

Sent from my LG-M153 using USA Carry mobile app
    "But is it Constitutional...?"
    [16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256]

Quote Originally Posted by TLoK View Post
    USA Carry needs a "Like" button

Sent from my LG-M153 using USA Carry mobile app
    The Like button did exist in the past and was disabled due to an apparent security issue with the forum software. At least, that's what we have been told.

6. I don't want a holster if I can't draw from it concealed one handed setting or standing so that leaves the urban mess holster out . I would be considered fat at 5-9 and 230lbs but I can and do carry iwb at 3:00 a p320c or smaller and can conceal it under a tshirt that does not look like a tent , not tight not to big !! Button down shirts are a breeze . A Foxx Holster that a couple of our family use with smaller handguns allows cant in ether direction with some vertical adjustment and since your works 709 is basically the same size as a cw9 kahr I have carried it would work fine in one of those holsters . Carried in front of your hip bone canted to the rear makes it easy to draw even when sitting and you could probably tuck a shirt in if needed . Foxx Holsters has both single hook kydex and hybrids that work well in that location . I far prefer a hyvbrid design and have used one for 14 years now but from Comp-tac . I have 29 years CC so far . Bottom line is you still have to find what works for YOU .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12