Opinions/Experience with Urban Carry IWB?

Thread: Opinions/Experience with Urban Carry IWB?

1. Opinions/Experience with Urban Carry IWB?

Considering the Urban Carry G2 for concealed carry. Of course the ads & video make it look ideal but curious about perspectives, especially from any that have one.

Any advertisement is designed to make a product look good, otherwise it wouldn't be advertisement.

For what occasion do you want to use this particular holster for? I personally find the Urban Carry holster pretty stupid. It's a good way to lose your gun in a gunfight by slingshotting it out of your pants. You can't draw your gun while sitting without contorting your body. This makes it impossible to draw your gun while sitting in the car. A one-handed draw from this holster is a clusterf*ck waiting to happen.

What ever gear you end up using, train and practice with it at home (dry practice) and at the range (live fire). You will very quickly realize what gear works and what doesn't. Practice until you can't get it wrong. Realize that you may need to move while drawing your gun or you may have to protect yourself against an incoming blow. Realize that one arm/hand may not be available to you as the bad guy got a hold of it or you are protecting yourself or someone else.
    Amateurs train until they get it right. Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Any advertisement is designed to make a product look good, otherwise it wouldn't be advertisement.

For what occasion do you want to use this particular holster for? I personally find the Urban Carry holster pretty stupid. It's a good way to lose your gun in a gunfight by slingshotting it out of your pants. You can't draw your gun while sitting without contorting your body. This makes it impossible to draw your gun while sitting in the car. A one-handed draw from this holster is a clusterf*ck waiting to happen.

What ever gear you end up using, train and practice with it at home (dry practice) and at the range (live fire). You will very quickly realize what gear works and what doesn't. Practice until you can't get it wrong. Realize that you may need to move while drawing your gun or you may have to protect yourself against an incoming blow. Realize that one arm/hand may not be available to you as the bad guy got a hold of it or you are protecting yourself or someone else.
    Thank you for the perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by ericsean View Post
    Considering the Urban Carry G2 for concealed carry. Of course the ads & video make it look ideal but curious about perspectives, especially from any that have one.
    Uh... no
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

6. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Uh... no
    Thanks for the very definite feedback!

I bought one for my very first real holster. To be honest, I have mixed feelings about it. It worked well for my Taurus PT709 Slim as far as concealment and easy retrieval / draw if I was standing up. But contrary to the ads, the thing was near impossible to retrieve / draw while I was sitting down. Also, being a little healthier myself, when my belt slipped down my waist a little bit, occasionally it made the draw difficult and almost impossible. The truth is, you're not going to know until you try it out yourself. Maybe it was my Pillsbury Center that caused the occasional hang up. But it was enough for me to consider that Murphy's Law would have it that it hang up at the most inopportune moment. And it only took half a second to adjust and retrieve it if the hang up occurred, but that's a lot of time to add to a draw when you need it most.

Sent from my LGLS676 using USA Carry mobile app
    "But is it Constitutional...?"
    [16 Am Jur 2d, Sec 177 late 2d, Sec 256]