380 Carry rounds

Thread: 380 Carry rounds

1. 380 Carry rounds

First post here, glad to be part of the family. I picked a little Glock 42 up for the wife to carry with her the other day.

Wondering what a good carry round is. I have read 2 schools of thought on the HP vs. FMJ for penetration purposes. I can see both sides of the story and am just starting to do a little bit more research on the subject.

What say you all?

Thanks for any advice.

If you search the forum, you will find that this has been discussed before, e.g., Good .380 ammo?.

ShootingTheBull410 did a very extensive .380 ACP ammo quest: Final Results of the .380 ACP Ammo Quest and

I used to carry 90 gr Gold Dot JHP, until my Taurus TCP started to malfunction with training ammo and I stopped carrying mouse guns. Whatever you chose to carry, make sure the ammo runs flawlessly in your gun.

IMHO, ShootingTheBull410 did an excellent job for 9mm Para and 380acp, "Ammo Quest"

I changed over to ammo manufacturers using Hornady XTP bullets after watch his videos.

One round/bullet I have not seen is the 380 Auto 90gr Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition.

Edit - Spoke too soon - He did the Lehigh the following year!

5. Good deal because the last bunch of ammo I purchased for the 380, 40 and 41 Mag all had the XTP bullet. They have always been a good performer for me in 357 and 44 Magnum when handloaded.

Fort Scott Munitions (380 acp) -Solid Copper Spun Tumblers. Better than any hollow point or fmj.
    GOD HATES RELIGION
    ~ Religious Spirit Crucified Christ ~