The Plan to save the world. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Plan to save the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Your usual hyperbole. For you to be a good polemicist you should improve your repertoire. You have become very redundant in your comments which is very tiresome. As I have told you on many occasions, there will come a day when you will believe in God and see Him face-to-face. Then you can tell Him that He doesn't exist. Wonder what He will say then?
    I can't help but notice you fail to answer the question and again answer with insults, and of course the threats of your god.

It's really simple, at least for the honest people.

Two simple YES or NO questions:
    1. Do you believe the islamic god is real?
    2. Do you understand that muslims have committed atrocities in the name of that god?
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

3. Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    When the SHTF, it will be because of people that believe in gods. The god's themselves are totally powerless, but the ignorance of belief is not.

Since I know you deny that, let's take a look at the evidence.

You believe in only your god, the christian god more precisely. Then explain the actions of people that believe in the islamic god. You don't believe in that god, but you sure as hell can't deny the atrocities committed by followers of the islamic god.
    You sound like Christopher Hitchins XD and I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing either. Not a Christian or man of God by any stretch but recognized the inherent evil in some religions as compared to others.

The Place to Be

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    I can't help but notice you fail to answer the question and again answer with insults, and of course the threats of your god.

It's really simple, at least for the honest people.

Two simple YES or NO questions:
    1. Do you believe the islamic god is real?
    2. Do you understand that muslims have committed atrocities in the name of that god?
    XD: OK, I will play your game. No, I do not believe the Islamic god, Allah, is a god. Nor that Muhammad was his prophet.

Yes, Muslims have committed atrocities in the name of their perceived god. As have many others who claim to act in the name of their god. Even some who claimed to be Christian committed atrocities. Atrocities are not unique to any one religion as evidenced by the Spanish Inquisition (1478 - 1834) which is said to have caused 32,000 deaths.

I'm sorry that you perceive God as a threat. But, if you don't believe in Him, why do you consider him a threat? Why do you feel the necessity to constantly rail against someone you don't believe in? For a Christian, meeting Jesus, at death, is not considered a fearful thing or a threat. If you are not a Christian shouldn't it just be the start of non-existence?

You and I have been in this argument for over five years because you are an atheist and I am not. I don't intend to change my mind and apparently, neither do you. So, why don't we find something else to agree or disagree about?

XD: OK, I will play your game. No, I do not believe the Islamic god, Allah, is a god. Nor that Muhammad was his prophet.
    Game? No, just a couple of straight forward questions.
    Yes, Muslims have committed atrocities in the name of their perceived god. As have many others who claim to act in the name of their god. Even some who claimed to be Christian committed atrocities. Atrocities are not unique to any one religion as evidenced by the Spanish Inquisition (1478 - 1834) which is said to have caused 32,000 deaths.
    My signature line has pointed that our for a while now.
    I'm sorry that you perceive God as a threat. But, if you don't believe in Him, why do you consider him a threat? Why do you feel the necessity to constantly rail against someone you don't believe in? For a Christian, meeting Jesus, at death, is not considered a fearful thing or a threat. If you are not a Christian shouldn't it just be the start of non-existence?

You and I have been in this argument for over five years because you are an atheist and I am not. I don't intend to change my mind and apparently, neither do you. So, why don't we find something else to agree or disagree about?
    However one point has completely eluded you. I do not perceive any god as a threat for the simple reason they exist only in the minds of men. But those so afflicted are are a threat.

I present facts when I debate the topic. You present only your beliefs (opinions) supported by a book of very questionable roots. You (christians) have the arrogance to claim your 'holy book' is the only true one, all while others claim their 'holy book' is the only true one.

I don't know the numbers, but many atheists today were former believers that came to questioned the basis for their beliefs, and have rationally realized that religion and gods are solely the creation of man. I know nothing I say will cause any believer to cease to be a believers, but perhaps it may cause them to question their beliefs, and recognize that religions and their gods are only man's creation.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.

Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Game? No, just a couple of straight forward questions.

My signature line has pointed that our for a while now.

However one point has completely eluded you. I do not perceive any god as a threat for the simple reason they exist only in the minds of men. But those so afflicted are are a threat.

I present facts when I debate the topic. You present only your beliefs (opinions) supported by a book of very questionable roots. You (christians) have the arrogance to claim your 'holy book' is the only true one, all while others claim their 'holy book' is the only true one.

I don't know the numbers, but many atheists today were former believers that came to questioned the basis for their beliefs, and have rationally realized that religion and gods are solely the creation of man. I know nothing I say will cause any believer to cease to be a believers, but perhaps it may cause them to question their beliefs, and recognize that religions and their gods are only man's creation.

Thank you XD for that statement. You may not be aware but you have just given more credence to the Bible. If you will read II Thes 2:3-4, you have just verified the falling away of believers, spoken of by Paul, in the end times. Whether you believe or not is your problem, not mine. "My book of questionable roots" isn't bothered by your unbelief and you can not prove it to be wrong. Continue to delude yourself if you will but I, and many others, are perfectly content with our belief and you are unable to change that fact. Sorry but I have no intentions of arguing further with you concerning religion or the Bible. You have made your choice so, as far as I am concerned, we need not belabor the point.

[/B]

Thank you XD for that statement. You may not be aware but you have just given more credence to the Bible. If you will read II Thes 2:3-4, you have just verified the falling away of believers, spoken of by Paul, in the end times. Whether you believe or not is your problem, not mine. "My book of questionable roots" isn't bothered by your unbelief and you can not prove it to be wrong. Continue to delude yourself if you will but I, and many others, are perfectly content with our belief and you are unable to change that fact. Sorry but I have no intentions of arguing further with you concerning religion or the Bible. You have made your choice, so as far as I am concerned, we need not belabor the point.
    That's why they call it faith, basing your life on a book written by men that didn't know where the sun went at night.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12