Caravan of Hondurans to cross Mexico and enter the United States - Page 16
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
Results 151 to 158 of 158

Thread: Caravan of Hondurans to cross Mexico and enter the United States

  1. Big thumbs up, Oldgrunt :-)

  2.   
  3. #152
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    8,897
    We are still called the United States of America, however, that is no longer accurate, quite to the contrary. Today we are the Divided States of America, and because a house divided cannot stand, neither can America continue to survive. Just one more reason why America isn't mentioned in these last hours of this Last Generation (1948-2028).
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

  4. #153
    The scariest thing about this migrant caravan is that they managed to suddenly disappear from the spotlight as soon as Tuesday ended.
    Regardless of where we fall on immigration, we can all agree that if these people can teleport our use invisibility, we've got problems.

    Even our cowardly liar has lost track of them.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. This is very telling, and I agree. I post this because it concerns someone who actually lives by the border.
    .
    .
    Posted by CCTelander
    .
    I'm old enough to remember a day when, while watching movies at the theater and a NAZI or East German official would demand "Your papersss, pleassse." there would still be a few people in the audience who would spontaneously boo and hiss, recognizing the trappings of a true police state and wanting nothing to do with it.
    .
    Nowadays, when confronted with the modern American equivalent (checkpoints, govt mandated verification for employment, etc.) we have people in the so-called "liberty movement" cheering it on, and failing to recognize it for what it is, or simply ignoring the reality.
    .
    And they wonder why the so-called "liberty movement" consistently fails to make any significant progress. They can't even maintain a commitment to actual liberty within their own ranks. Why would anyone outside ever take them seriously?
    .
    Response to the quote:
    .
    Posted by RJ Liberty
    .
    Indeed.
    .
    I live six miles north of the border. The Border Patrol checkpoint here is 28 miles north of the border: 22 miles north of me. They have K-9 units that are sniffing for drugs. The checkpoint has little or nothing to do with illegals, and is used instead to enforce the "War on Drugs".

  6. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFirst View Post
    This is very telling, and I agree. I post this because it concerns someone who actually lives by the border.
    .
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by CCTelander
    .
    I'm old enough to remember a day when, while watching movies at the theater and a NAZI or East German official would demand "Your papersss, pleassse." there would still be a few people in the audience who would spontaneously boo and hiss, recognizing the trappings of a true police state and wanting nothing to do with it.
    .
    Nowadays, when confronted with the modern American equivalent (checkpoints, govt mandated verification for employment, etc.) we have people in the so-called "liberty movement" cheering it on, and failing to recognize it for what it is, or simply ignoring the reality.
    .
    And they wonder why the so-called "liberty movement" consistently fails to make any significant progress. They can't even maintain a commitment to actual liberty within their own ranks. Why would anyone outside ever take them seriously?
    .
    Response to the quote:
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Liberty
    Indeed.
    .
    I live six miles north of the border. The Border Patrol checkpoint here is 28 miles north of the border: 22 miles north of me. They have K-9 units that are sniffing for drugs. The checkpoint has little or nothing to do with illegals, and is used instead to enforce the "War on Drugs".
    While I agree with the implied message of RJ Liberty's post, I have no idea to what "so-called 'liberty movement'" CCTelander refers. I don't know a soul who considers themselves part of the liberty movement who is calling for checkpoints, gvm't verification for employment etc. If they are, they are simply Republicans, not liberty movement supporters, and certainly not liberty activists.

    I infer from CCTelander's post a certain derision towards the liberty movement. I wouldn't refer to a movement I had respect, admiration or affinity for as a "so-called" movement, and likewise put the name of the movement in quotation marks. I wonder if CCTelander was supportive of and/or present at Bunkerville or Malheur. Lavoy Finicum died for the "so-called" movement, which pretty much invalidates that there's anything "so-called" about it at all.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    While I agree with the implied message of RJ Liberty's post, I have no idea to what "so-called 'liberty movement'" CCTelander refers. I don't know a soul who considers themselves part of the liberty movement who is calling for checkpoints, gvm't verification for employment etc. If they are, they are simply Republicans, not liberty movement supporters, and certainly not liberty activists.

    I infer from CCTelander's post a certain derision towards the liberty movement. I wouldn't refer to a movement I had respect, admiration or affinity for as a "so-called" movement, and likewise put the name of the movement in quotation marks. I wonder if CCTelander was supportive of and/or present at Bunkerville or Malheur. Lavoy Finicum died for the "so-called" movement, which pretty much invalidates that there's anything "so-called" about it at all.

    Blues
    I think I can speak for CCTelander since I am a (original) member of that site... while inclusive to help spread the message of liberty, there are a number of newer folks who tout liberty but support the statist agenda. They seem to be very astute concerning the Constitution, but sometimes miss the bigger picture. It's all good, we learn, debate, call them out and help educate, which is what it's all about anyway.
    .
    Interesting that you brought up Lavoy today, Blues, that was one of the issues on my plate today, so I have made these captures from the video:
    .
    .
    Caravan of Hondurans to cross Mexico and enter the United States-img_0121.jpg
    .
    Caravan of Hondurans to cross Mexico and enter the United States-img_0122.jpg
    .
    Caravan of Hondurans to cross Mexico and enter the United States-img_0124.jpg
    .
    Caravan of Hondurans to cross Mexico and enter the United States-img_0125.jpg

  8. #157
    Filmmaker Embedded in Caravan Gets to the Truth. Migrants Themselves Expose US Media as Total Liars.
    .
    A filmmaker traveled to Mexico and did what the U.S. media didn’t do: he witnessed the migrant caravan for himself and exposed the truth.
    .
    Filmmaker Ami Horowitz went to Oaxaca in southern Mexico to uncover the truth about the migrant caravan.
    .
    The caravan, consisting of thousands of Honduran illegal immigrants, has caught the attention of the media as it heads toward the United States.
    .
    However, much of the coverage consists of hand-waving from the left-wing establishment media, which claims the caravan consists of peaceful families just trying to escape violence.
    .
    After visiting the caravan for himself, Horowitz came to a different conclusion.
    .
    “Despite the framing of the caravan as being full of women and children, the reality on the ground is quite different. Approximately 90 to 95 percent of the migrants were male,” Horowitz said in a Twitter video.
    .
    Last month, BBC wrote that “The migrants, mostly from Honduras, say they are fleeing violence and poverty, and include women and children.”
    .
    Will the establishment media try to ignore these findings?
    .
    That’s a grossly misleading statement for a caravan consisting of over 90 percent men.
    .
    The establishment media also continuously repeated the narrative that the caravan is made up of people seeking to escape violence.
    .
    “We do know that many migrants have said they are fleeing terrible gang violence, with some fearing for their lives,” The Guardian claimed last month.
    .
    However, Horowitz discovered that the migrants are actually seeking employment when they illegally enter the United States.
    .
    “The major narrative being pushed by the press has been that the migrants are leaving Honduras because they are facing extreme violence and that their lives are under constant threat,” Horowitz said.
    .
    To discover if this was true, the filmmaker asked several migrants, “Why are you coming to America?”
    .
    “To get a job,” one responded. “To work,” said another.
    .
    It’s clear that these migrants, who are mostly male, are economic migrants seeking American jobs. They aren’t “women and children” who are “fleeing violence.”
    .
    It’s completely absurd that the truth had to come from a filmmaker investigating the caravan for himself because the establishment media is too busy peddling lies and misinformation.
    .
    Read more & watch video: https://www.westernjournal.com/ct/fi..._vmt0LaLUYt-nE
    .
    My Thoughts:
    .
    Anyone who believes that this immigrant migration are only coming to our country to just escape the violence down there is a fool, they are coming here to obtain jobs and compete with our low income citizens and that isn’t a pre-requisite or qualify for amnesty.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

  9. Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    My Thoughts:
    .
    Anyone who believes that this immigrant migration are only coming to our country to just escape the violence down there is a fool, they are coming here to obtain jobs and compete with our low income citizens and that isn’t a pre-requisite or qualify for amnesty.
    .
    You obviously did not read my above post. It is very difficult imagining the hatred you have toward human beings, wanting to actually work.
    .
    How about convincing the Section 8 Americans in our country, having multiple babies just to increase their welfare checks each month to take those border jobs that nobody wants?
    .
    It's been unseasonable cold, and wet, at this site of a new U.S. base camp that's now home to several hundred active-duty U.S. Army soldiers. They’re part of the more than 5,000 troops Donald Trump deployed to the U.S.-Mexico border ahead of the midterms to ward off the so-called caravan of migrants headed north from Central America. It's a huge taxpayer expense — estimated cost: $200 million — but the troops have virtually nothing to do.
    .
    Many of the soldiers here have served in Afghanistan and Iraq, except here, there’s no enemy to fight and no immediate action needed. The migrant caravan they're supposed to be responding to is weeks away and headed to Tijuana, 1,500 miles to the West.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast