Damage Report From Cat. 2 Hurricane Michael - Dothan, AL Area - We Were Lucky

Thread: Damage Report From Cat. 2 Hurricane Michael - Dothan, AL Area - We Were Lucky

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA

Exclamation Damage Report From Cat. 2 Hurricane Michael - Dothan, AL Area - We Were Lucky

So we only had a few trees down. Parts of the property we haven't seen yet since the storm, but if there are a bunch more trees down, I will likely ignore them as I have been far enough back to see that nothing is threatening our out-buildings. Anyway, made a short video of what we have to clean up in order to have access to our sheds/lawnmower/other miscellaneous stuff. This was the morning after the storm. The day before was exhausting preparing for its' arrival, so though I might sound stoned or something, I'm just tired. A week since I shot this video, and I still haven't even finished clearing the first tree you see here. Got a little help from a friend today though, so I'm hoping we can at least finish clearing a path through that tree anyway. So here ya go.........

May shoot some more video showing progress. We'll see.....

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Just a follow-up to my first hurricane damage report. Probably boring to most folks, but big goings-on down here in Dixie. Audio describes what I'm trying to show, so there ya go.

FWIW - I started this job with an 18" Poulan PP4218A chainsaw, but realized early on that it had neither the power nor the reach to finish the job. I have a good friend who is a small engine repair guy who is also an authorized Echo dealer, so on his advice, I went for the Echo CS-590 20" saw. As it turned out, the reach wasn't much of a problem once I had enough torque to blow through the heaviest stuff. I may do a full review (or not), but suffice to say for now that I'm very happy with my purchase.

No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I suspect that everyone that burns wood, has all they need for a while.

I live in the mountains, but we had a tropical storm Floyd come through here years ago. At the time I heated with wood and ended up with 40+ chords of firewood that lasted me for over 4 years, burning 2 wood stoves.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg