Sen. Cruz introduced El Chapo Act.
'He's Not Gonna Need It Where He's Going': Sen. Kennedy Says Take El Chapo's Assets to Fund Wall.
Sen. John N. Kennedy agrees with Sen. Ted Cruz's proposal to seize assets from Mexican drug lord Joaquín “El Chapo” Guzmán to fund President Trump’s long-promised border wall.
Shortly before the Sinaloa cartel boss was convicted on drug trafficking, weapons violations and money laundering charges in a federal courtroom in Brooklyn Tuesday, Cruz (R-Texas) took to Twitter to remind his followers and colleagues about his proposed El Chapo Act.
"If we can get money out of El Chapo, I'm all for it," Kennedy said. "He's not gonna need it where he's going."
He quipped that the drug lord won't need his billions at the prison commissary.
"If we can find his assets, I think we ought to seize 'em. Ted's right. I'll vote for that," Kennedy said.
He noted, however, that El Chapo doesn't have $14 billion "sitting in his checking account," and it may be difficult to track down his assets.
"But that's something we ought to do anyway, whether we spend it on the wall or not. But sure, I'd vote for the bill."
Read More & watch video: https://insider.foxnews.com/2019/02/...m_medium=email
My Thoughts:
Sure sounds like a win, win situation all the way around.