‘They’ve Awoken a Giant’: 20+ Virginia Counties Become 2A Sanctuaries Overnight - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ‘They’ve Awoken a Giant’: 20+ Virginia Counties Become 2A Sanctuaries Overnight

TWELVE gun bills are coming up in the House Public Safety Firearms subcommittee on Tuesday, January 21 at 8:30 am!

If you can make it to this subcommittee, let's flood the room. All the bills being heard are pro-gun bills!

URGENT! THIS MUST BE DONE NOW: Click here to send a pre-written email to everyone on the subcommittee.

Here is what is being heard. Click on the bill number to see the details of the bill:

HB161 McGuire Carrying a concealed handgun; permit not required.
    HB162 McGuire Firearm-free zones designated by the Commonwealth or a locality; waiver of sovereign immunity.
    HB373 McGuire Place of religious worship; carrying dangerous weapon.
    HB596 Walker Place of religious worship; carrying dangerous weapon.
    HB669 Cole, M.L. Concealed handguns; carrying with a permit by employees of any agency of the Commonwealth, etc.
    HB976 Fariss Virginia State Police; Executive Protection Unit, possession of firearms.
    HB1175 Poindexter Firearms; use or display while committing felony, penalty.
    HB1382 Campbell, J.L. Firearms; control in local government buildings, waiver of sovereign immunity.
    HB1470 Head Firearms ordinances; applicability to property located in multiple localities.
    HB1471 Head Firearms ordinances; property in multiple localities, affirmative defense.
    HB1485 LaRock Firearms; regulation by localities, workplace rules, limitation.
    HB1486 LaRock Place of religious worship; carrying dangerous weapon.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Dedicated to my brother in law who died
    doing what he loved being a Navy SEAL

Amazing that our Idiot Governor denies the CITIZENS of Virginia their CONSTITUTIONAL right to bear arms BUT does not ban NON CITIZENS from being paid to come to OUR Capitol and start violence.

Why do NON CITIZENS have any right, need or purpose in lobbying OUR representatives except to come here and create trouble and possibly incite violence as they did in Charlottesville.

All part of Idiot Northam's plan to do everything possible to show LAW ABIDING GUN OWNERS in a bad light.

Media lies on Richmond gun control protests

~ If You Have Not Been Born Twice, And Never Do Get Born Twice, The Day Will Come When You Will Wish That You Had Never Been Born At All ~
    Ready or Not...WE ARE THE LAST GENERATION...Are You Ready?
    (1948-2028)

Virginia Passes Red Flag Laws Day After Massive 2A Rally

~ If You Have Not Been Born Twice, And Never Do Get Born Twice, The Day Will Come When You Will Wish That You Had Never Been Born At All ~
    (1948-2028)

VA Dems seeking law to make criticism of govt officials a criminal offense

(1948-2028)

Trump Sends Warning to Virginia Democrats: Gun Grab 'Will Never Happen' On My Watch

President vows to protect citizens' Second Amendment rights while he's in office

President Donald Trump has sent a clear message to lawmakers in the Democrat-controlled state of Virginia, warning that he will not allow them to undermine the Second Amendment rights of American citizens while he's in office.

Speaking during an interview with Fox News Wednesday, President Trump warned Democrats that a gun grab "will never happen as long as I’m here. "Virginia's state Assembly and Senate came under Democratic control following wins in the 2019 elections.

In conjunction with the Democrats who control the state’s executive offices, Dem officials immediately pushed forward with plans to legislatively impose strict gun control measures upon law-abiding gun-owners in the state.

Virginians have been rising up in response, and on Monday, tens of thousands of gun owners and Second Amendment supporters marched on the state capitol in Richmond in opposition to the coming gun-control measures.

President Trump spoke briefly about the gun-grabbing attempts during a wide-ranging interview with Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo, making it clear that he stands alongside gun owners in support of the Second Amendment.

Trump’s remarks about Virginia came after a question about efforts by Democrats in New York to release a substantial number of convicted criminals from prison in addition to a controversial bail reform measure, according to Western Journal.

Speaking while in Davos, Switzerland, for the World Economic Forum, Trump simply dismissed what the New York Democrats were doing as “crazy” before shifting his focus to Virginia.

“I think it’s crazy, and I think Virginia is crazy,” the president said.

“They want to take away the guns in Virginia.

"You have a governor that’s — I just can’t believe it — but Virginia’s very much in play.

"I think we’re going to win the state of Virginia.”

“They want to take everyone’s gun away in Virginia.

You can’t do it. You can’t do it,” he said. “People need that for safety.

They need it for hunting and other — but many people need it for safety.

They need it for security. “They’re playing with our Second Amendment,” Trump continued.

“Frankly, they’d get rid of it. I watched [Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam] on an interview.

"He would get rid of the Second Amendment if it was up to him, and you have many Democrats saying the same thing.

”They’re saying it quietly, but if they win these elections, they’re going to try and get rid of the Second Amendment,” he added.
    "It will never happen as long as I’m here.

"This actually wasn’t the first time that Trump had addressed the situation in Virginia and the growing threat posed by anti-gun Democrats to the sacred constitutional rights of law-abiding citizens in the state.

On Monday, tens of thousands of gun owners rallied peacefully in Richmond in spite of overblown fear-mongering from the media about the potential for violent conflict.

Northam had enacted a ban on firearms on the Capitol Square in the days leading up to the rally.

As the rally was taking place, Trump criticized Virginia Democrats on Twitter.

“The Democrat Party in the Great Commonwealth of Virginia are working hard to take away your 2nd Amendment rights.

This is just the beginning. Don’t let it happen, VOTE REPUBLICAN in 2020!” he tweeted.

READ MORE: https://neonnettle.com/news/10072-trump-sends-warning-to-virginia-democrats-gun-grab-will-never-happen-on-my-watch?fbclid=IwAR2zy6X8i8Qk--WbsgNEQPIE4PY2ogAwn9OAC-Nwl49BACmNy3SJIVXLtXc

My Thoughts:

Thank goodness we’ve got a President that is pro gun…

For 2A Sanctuaries, the Big Question Is 'What Happens Next?'

More than 100 Virginia counties, cities, and towns have declared themselves Second Amendment Sanctuaries, but now that the votes have taken place, what happens next? Cam sits down with Effingham County, Illinois board member David Campbell to talk about the next steps in the 2A Sanctuary movement.

https://youtu.be/JGzlwYcanXc

Virginia Democrats Kill Common-Sense Gun Laws
    POLITICS

Editorial
    from Kerry Dougherty (Retired):

That’s odd.

I thought Virginia Democrats - flush with Mike Bloomberg gun-control cash - were in favor of what they call “common sense” gun safety laws.

Yet so far they’ve killed every single bill that would increase punishment for armed lawbreakers, while enthusiastically embracing bills aimed at restricting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

For instance, under current Virginia law anyone committing a felony while using a firearm is slapped with a mandatory three years in prison.

But SB86 would increase the mandatory sentence to five years for the first offense. And 10 years for a second or subsequent offense.

This might serve as a deterrent. Failing that, it would keep convicts behind bars longer if they used a gun during their crime, thus reducing gun violence.

On Wednesday that bill was killed by Democrats in the Senate’s Judiciary Committee.

Surely you’d expect Democrats to support SB85, though. That proposal would enhance penalties for the theft of a firearm and increase penalties for anyone using a stolen gun in the commission of a crime. Oh, it would also impose a two-year mandatory prison sentence on anyone caught selling stolen firearms.

Again. A common-sense gun law, am I right?

Nope. On Wednesday Senate Democrats killed that bill in the Judiciary Committee.

But how about SB83, which would mandate a six month jail sentence for anyone brandishing a firearm at a law enforcement officer? That should certainly receive bipartisan support.

Ah, no. On Wednesday Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee nuked that bill, too.

There’s no way anyone could oppose SB82, a measure that would require a three year mandatory sentence for anyone who violated a protective order while armed with a firearm. Politicians must know this bill would protect women who are most often the victims of domestic abuse, right?

Wrong. On Wednesday, that bill also bit the dust. Killed by Democrats on the Senate’s Judiciary Committee.

What about SB84, a proposal that would create a separate felony for anyone committing a serious crime while possessing a concealed weapon?

On Wednesday the Senate Judiciary committee deep-sixed that one, too.

All of these measures were introduced by Virginia Beach GOP Sen. Bill DeSteph who believes serious gun laws ought to be aimed at punishing criminals, not at limiting the right of law-abiding citizens.

“We want to prevent gun violence,” DeSteph told me Thursday. “The only way to do that is to keep people who commit these crimes in prison…Democrats are not about reducing gun violence, though, they’re all about gun control."

He’s right.

On the same day the Democrats in the Senate were shooting down DeSteph’s common-sense gun bills, they passed the controversial “Red Flag Law” that involves seizing guns from people who have done nothing wrong but are feared to be a threat to themselves or others. The measure raises serious constitutional questions, the sort the ACLU might care about if they weren’t wedded to the Democratic Party.

The Senate also passed the one-handgun-a-month bill, although no one can explain how being able to buy two handguns in a single month is any more dangerous than buying two guns in two months.

Meanwhile, the new majority in Richmond is also busy trying to reverse Virginia’s no-parole laws that have kept the commonwealth’s crime rate low for decades. Bills that would green light “geriatric” releases for violent offenders as young as 50 are under serious consideration.

Terrific.

If it seems that the majority in Richmond is suddenly coddling criminals and cracking down on law-abiding gun owners, they are.

And on Wednesday the new majority showed that it isn’t serious about reducing gun violence. Not if it means increasing the punishment for armed thugs.

Kerry Dougherty

Virginia Democrats trying to prevent political backlash over gun proposals

Virginia Democrats, now with complete control of the state government, are pushing forward with gun legislation but say they are aware of political blowback looming.

Despite throngs of gun rights protesters who swarmed city council meetings demanding their counties be declared as "Second Amendment sanctuaries" and attending Lobby Day in Richmond on Monday for the annual gun rights rally hosted by the Virginia Civil Defense League, Democrats in the commonwealth are undeterred.

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam supports eight gun control bills, and Democrats have already passed three of the measures in the state Senate: universal background checks, bringing back the state’s one-gun-a-month policy, and banning guns at public events.

The focus of the gun control legislation is currently an “assault weapons” ban. One version of the legislation in the state Senate failed in committee, while another version is still being debated in the state House.

“The fact is that, you know, you can have as many VCDL and outside groups from other states coming here as you want, but over 1.9 million voted solidly for Democrats to lead the Senate, lead the House, and be in the governor's mansion,” Democratic Del. Alfonso Lopez told reporters. “And this was one of the major issues.”

But Republican Del. Nick Rush told the Washington Examiner that the push on gun control measures “energized a lot of folks that maybe haven't traditionally come out and vote in off-year elections.”

“I'm sure that rural Virginia and folks who believe in the Second Amendment are going to be out in force in 2020, and then, you know, our job is to make sure they stay engaged in 2021.”

Gun control bills are not the only proposals on the table in Richmond, however. Another proposal put forth would allow for Virginia governors to serve two consecutive four-year terms starting in 2025. Currently, there is a ban on governors serving consecutive terms, which was adopted in 1971. Virginia is the only state to do so.

It does, though, allow for a former governor to serve in the same office in nonconsecutive terms. Former Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe, who left office in early 2018 when his four-year term was up, is considering a return.

Read More: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/virginia-democrats-trying-to-prevent-political-backlash-from-gun-proposals?fbclid=IwAR1w_mrE58SH3IBlc4dhUFNYvYcWOgT r1bEUEmajYsOv0fzHhV51ZINZ-VY

My Thoughts:

I think they are realizing that they have lit a fire they can’t control.

Virginia: Tyrants Ignore The People’s Protest – Continues Gun Confiscation Frenzy With 9 More Bills

(1948-2028)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910