Durham Investigation Takes Big Turn, Narrows in on Comey and Brennan

Thread: Durham Investigation Takes Big Turn, Narrows in on Comey and Brennan

Durham Investigation Takes Big Turn, Narrows in on Comey and Brennan

According to The New York Times, US Attorney John Durham's criminal investigation into the origins of the Russia investigation is narrowing in on former CIA Chief John Brennan.

The Times reveals that Durham has “requested Mr. Brennan’s emails, call logs and other documents from the C.I.A., according to a person briefed on his inquiry,” adding that, "He wants to learn what Mr. Brennan told other officials, including the former F.B.I. director James B. Comey, about his and the C.I.A.’s views of a notorious dossier of assertions about Russia and Trump associates."

Back in October, Durham's investigation took a massive turn when it changed from an administrative review into an all out criminal investigation.

The US Attorney is looking into whether or not Brennan purposely contradicted himself about the Steele dossier and “any debate among the intelligence agencies over their conclusions on Russia’s interference.”

The New York Times continued:

Mr. Brennan has come into Mr. Durham’s sights as he has focused on the intelligence community assessment released in January 2017 that used information from the F.B.I., the C.I.A. and the National Security Agency to detail Russia’s meddling. They concluded that President Vladimir V. Putin ordered an influence campaign that “aspired to help” Mr. Trump’s chances by damaging his opponent, Hillary Clinton.

Officials and analysts who worked on that assessment disagreed on how to treat two pieces of intelligence: the assertion that Mr. Putin wanted to help Mr. Trump win rather than simply sow chaos, and the contents of the dossier of salacious, unproven allegations about links between Russia and Trump associates compiled by a British former spy, Christopher Steele.

Mr. Durham’s investigators also want to know to more about the discussions that prompted intelligence community leaders to include Mr. Steele’s allegations in the appendix of their assessment.

On Monday evening during an interview with Fox News, Attorney General Bill Barr spoke out about the ongoing investigation, noting that Durham is “not just looking at the FBI. He is looking at other agencies and also private departments and also private actors and so it is a much broader investigation. And also he is not just looking at the FISA aspect of it. He is looking at all the conduct – both before and after the election.”

Barr also shredded former FBI Director James Comey: “One of the things that I object to is the tact being taken by Comey, which is to suggest that people who are criticizing or trying to get to the bottom of the misconduct are somehow attacking the FBI. I think that’s nonsense. We’re criticizing and concerned about misconduct by a few actors at the top of the FBI and they should be criticized if they engaged in serious misconduct. That doesn’t mean we are criticizing the FBI and I think the tact of trying to wrap yourself in the institution and say gee, people who are criticizing the decisions I made are attacking the institution. I notice people don’t do that as far as I’m concerned. People feel free to criticize me and I don’t say gee you’re attacking the honest men and women of the Department of Justice. I think leaders have to own their decisions and are fair game if they make bad decisions.”

Read More: https://trendingpolitics.com/breaking-durham-investigation-takes-big-turn-narrows-in-on-comey-and-brennan/?utm_source=pushcrew&utm_medium=ilmf&utm_campaign= pushcrew&_p_c=1

My Thoughts:

All the crooked people involved needs to be held responsible and be punished accordingly.

What Durham may or not realize is just how deep and dark the whole plotted conspiracy was and has been to this day. FBI and CIA leaked their little stories almost daily it seems and no doubt are the ones named as "anonymous sources".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by opsspec1991 View Post
    [stuff from NYT clipped]
    My Thoughts:

All the crooked people involved needs to be held responsible and be punished accordingly.

What Durham may or not realize is just how deep and dark the whole plotted conspiracy was and has been to this day. FBI and CIA leaked their little stories almost daily it seems and no doubt are the ones named as "anonymous sources".
    I agree. I was able to identify at least 40 criminals in the Deep State,
    just from open sources, many of them by their own words.

I am sure that a thorough investigation could unearth
    more than 200, if we had time.

Time is what we do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post

Time is what we do not have.
    That's the GOOD NEWS. 12 months OR less. MARANATHA!

~ If You Have Not Been Born Twice, And Never Do Get Born Twice, The Day Will Come When You Will Wish That You Had Never Been Born At All ~
    Comfort One Another With These Words Also...There Will Not Be Another Generation