NH permit

Thread: NH permit

NH permit

For all of us late on NH permit (ie $75 price increase), Do we have any other option to carry in Ga?

As long as you have a license from your home state there is always non-resident PA. Done completely thru the mail...and still only $26.

Thanks very much! I'll be sending it in soon.

PA will give you Ga but not AL and MS. I'm keeping my NH permit updated just for those three states since I travel there a few times a year. If you don't need AL and MS then PA should work for you.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

SC just needs to stop the political arrogance and just accept other states CWP.
    Driving is a privilege not a right and they accept driver's license from different states.

If I had to choose between two at this moment... I would get a Florida Permit over the New Hampshire Permit... just another $17. Yes, with a S.C. permit you can carry in Florida but with the Floridda NR you can carry in many other states, just not N.H.

How about a Utah non res permit? Wouldn't that give you more states?

Quote Originally Posted by justintimesc View Post
    How about a Utah non res permit? Wouldn't that give you more states?
    According to the map it looks like Utah gives you about the same states as NH.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    According to the map it looks like Utah gives you about the same states as NH.
    NH = AL, AZ, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MO, MS, NC, ND, OK, PA, SD, TN, UT, WY

UT = AL, AR, AZ, DE, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV, WY

You get a few more with UT. I did not include any of the states that only accept Resident permits

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    SC just needs to stop the political arrogance and just accept other states CWP.
    Driving is a privilege not a right and they accept driver's license from different states.
    Section 23-31-215

(N) Valid out-of-state permits to carry concealable weapons held by a resident of a reciprocal state must be honored by this State, provided, that the reciprocal state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. A resident of a reciprocal state carrying a concealable weapon in South Carolina is subject to and must abide by the laws of South Carolina regarding concealable weapons. SLED shall maintain and publish a list of those states as the states with which South Carolina has reciprocity.

This section needs to be reworded to allow reciprocal acceptance of out of state non-resident permits. That would allow for better conditions of reciprocity.