GrassRoots Action Alert - H. 4112 Special Priviledges for politicians - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GrassRoots Action Alert - H. 4112 Special Priviledges for politicians

1. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    No I didn't miss the point and I do see your point. The problem with letting them get to carry at work is we'll never see it for us. A lot of SC residence can't carry at work. If the governing body gives themselves permission, then the permission should be granted to everyone. It's a moot point now anyway. I talked to one of our representatives today and it failed in committee. A lot of them agreed with my point and the bill is dead!
    The reason that we will never see "permission for us" from the State to Carry at work is that the "permission" must come from the Employer or owner of the private property or business that employs us.

You do not have permission to carry on my property without my consent.

State property, on the other hand, belongs to me and you. Having our Reps with valid CWP's being allowed by their own legislation to carry while at work, opens up the unarguable point for all CWP holders to carry on State owned property. Not to mention Fed owned Property with-in the State.

I am Sorry the the bill is D.O.A. because I think we dropped the ball on this one.

Steve

It would never open it up for us on state property because the law specifies that we can't carry there. If this had gone through then it would have put them in the elite category of those that are allowed special privileges. Apples and oranges!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

4. Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    It would never open it up for us on state property because the law specifies that we can't carry there. If this had gone through then it would have put them in the elite category of those that are allowed special privileges. Apples and oranges!
    I understand that you have your finger on the pulse there in Columbia.

The hoops that CWP holders jump through are not related to the 2nd Amendment rights of all and therefore place us in the same class as the supposed elites. Remember, We are the Good Guys.

Perhaps, if my rep and yours felt the same way, Then the law you cite above could be changed as easily as the law for them.

Or the Rep could be changed?

To be honest, Applying for a Cwp is kind of like asking Mom for a Red Rider BB gun For Christmas.

Keep up the good work

Steve

I agree Steve. The only permit a person should need is a copy of the Constitution
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Gun Control in S.C. as well as many other states and the laws to enforce it are not about reducing Crime... they were for a long time about keeping guns out of the hands of Blacks now it is about keeping guns out of the hands of the poor, black, white, brown, red.... etc....
    SECTION 23-31-180. Certain pistols declared to be contraband; forfeiture, seizure, and destruction; disposal restrictions; use for display.
    No licensed retail dealer may hold, store, handle, sell, offer for sale, or otherwise possess in his place of business a pistol or other handgun which has a die-cast, metal alloy frame or receiver which melts at a temperature of less than eight hundred degrees Fahrenheit.

A pistol or other handgun possessed or sold by a dealer in violation of this article is declared to be contraband and must be forfeited to or seized by the law enforcement agency in the municipality where forfeited or seized or to the law enforcement agency in the county where forfeited or seized if forfeited or seized outside a municipality. The weapon must be destroyed by the law enforcement agency which seized the weapon or the law enforcement agency to which the weapon is forfeited. A weapon must not be disposed of in any manner until the results of any legal proceeding in which it may be involved are finally determined.

However, a law enforcement agency may use the weapon for display purposes after the weapon has been rendered inoperable.

This particular law was put into act to with the intended consequence that it would disproportionally affect black people. Ban lower cost pistols so that lower income residents of the state (read black people) cannot afford them. I have writen my state Senator asking for a repeal of this section of state law.

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    I agree with Red Hat.

Back in the 80's and early 90's, lived in GA, I looked moving to SC.
    My Dad lives in Jamestown, SC for years.
    After reading the laws, I considered SC an Anti-gun state.
    Maybe more appropriately a elitest Citizen state.
    Still think the reciprocity crap between SC and GA is total BS though.
    And the no OC is also an issue with me but I whatever YA'LL did......
    I appreciate it, been here for almost 10 years.

Sent my emails - saw on the SCFirearms Yahoo group.
    The People's Republic of South Carolina is definitely a second amendment battleground state.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12