Your Help is Needed with Two Bills in Columbia!

Thread: Your Help is Needed with Two Bills in Columbia!

Your Help is Needed with Two Bills in Columbia!

I just got informed of this. It may be a little late but I'm sure that Bill 4220 will pass. It did the first time with just a few dissenters. It would still be law if the SCSC didn't overturn it.

Now H. 3994 might be another story. Lets take no chances and make a few calls. The parking lot bill need to pass!

NRA-ILA :: South Carolina: Your Help is Needed with Two Bills in Columbia!

South Carolina: Your Help is Needed with Two Bills in Columbia!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On Wednesday, March 10, thanks to pro-gun State Representative Jeff Duncan (R-15), House Bill 4220 was recalled from the House Ways and Means Committee, and placed on the calendar for a floor vote tomorrow, March 11.

This bill, introduced by State Representative Mike Pitts (R-14), would permanently establish the tax holiday on firearms sales on the weekend following Thanksgiving, which is known as the Second Amendment Weekend.

Please contact your State Representative and urge him or her to support H. 4220. Contact information can be found by clicking here.

The South Carolina State House cancelled most post-adjournment committee meetings, including the House Judiciary General Laws Sub-Committee. After being previously removed from the calendar, House Bill 3994 is still in search of a hearing date and needs your help.

Sponsored by State Representative Garry R. Smith (R-27), H. 3994 would prohibit the establishment of any rules that would forbid the storing of firearms in a locked vehicle in parking lots. This bill would protect your right to keep a firearm in your car if you choose to hunt or target shoot before or after work. H3994 would also allow an individual to keep a firearm in their vehicle for self-defense during their commute to and from work.

Please continue to contact members of the House Judiciary General Laws Sub-Committee and respectfully urge them to support H. 3994 and to place it back on the calendar. Contact information can be found below.

House Judiciary General Laws Sub-Committee

State Representative Bruce Bannister (R-24), Chairman
    (803) 734-3009

State Representative George Hearn (R-105)
    (803) 212-6796

State Representative Dan Hamilton (R-20)
    (803) 212-6795

State Representative David Weeks (D-51)
    (803) 734-3102

State Representative Leon Stavrinakis (D-119)
    (803) 734-3039

USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Red Hat,

I am a grassroots member and I get their alerts but........ How did you get this one?

NRA-ILA alerts.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Of the two bills, H 3994 is the more important one to pass, IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Of the two bills, H 3994 is the more important one to pass, IMHO
    Absolutely concur and I have done my part.
    Even BCC'd my friends so all they have to do is change my name.

Second Amendment Weekend is cool and has saved me a bit the last couple times.
    Wish it would extend to ammo and firearm accessories too.
    That would really help the local gun shops and retailers.
    Too bad my local gun shops haven't gotten the hint and opened on Sunday too!