Gun Under the Seat.... - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gun Under the Seat....

Lightbulb SC folks contact your state reps....

just joined the forum after finding this post. I'm very interested in this legislation. I'm not all that interested in putting my gun under my truck seat, but the language that allows for having the gun "in any open or closed storage compartment within the vehicle's passenger compartment" is intriguing. some have already mentioned that this could include door pockets which would seem to be a good place for a gun. I contacted my state rep and senator and got favorable responses from both. I encourage the SC folks here to do the same.

First of all welcome to the forum, footballboy3. I think everyone here is with you as far as not caring for the under seat carry portion of the bill. The other parts of the bill is a plus. You did what everyone should do, contact their reps. I'm pretty sure the bill will pass and if vetoed they will override it like they have done on other bills.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

any and all places that are legal to carry a gun is a good step to regain lost rights, if all we get is baby steps we need to take them. A cheap holster with a thumb break and enclosed at the muzzle on a belt can be fashioned quite securely and accessibly under your seat if you had too.

Quote Originally Posted by twogunwilly View Post
    any and all places that are legal to carry a gun is a good step to regain lost rights, if all we get is baby steps we need to take them. A cheap holster with a thumb break and enclosed at the muzzle on a belt can be fashioned quite securely and accessibly under your seat if you had too.
    I agree, Desantis Holster Company markets a holster known as the Kingsford Carseat holster. The way they have it illustrated on their website would be OC, but if you were to move the holster on the strap so that the holster were under the seat, it would be CC.

Commerce Storefront B2C

With the economy shot (no pun intended) like it is right now and with alot of less fortunate folks sleeping in their vehicles, I would like the legislature just to say, if you paid property tax on the vehicle and you need to make it your primary place of abode, carry anyway you darn well please within your vehicle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234