SC Permit renewal
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SC Permit renewal

SC Permit renewal

Anyone here renewed their SC Resident CWP lately? I did it this morning and it seemed awfully easy - put in my permit number, SSN, credit card number and hit the button. Did I miss something?

Thanks,

SC Tiger

That's all there is to it! I did it last year and it only took me 22 days to get my renewal.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Credit card number, that's the step I left out so can I borrow yours. I knew it was too easy.

Did the same thing to me last year....

I hate to complain but it just seemed like there was a step missing or something....

where's the gobment questions... and such.... Kind of hard to believe it / they are covered on the first page... Oh and by the way traffic tickets don't count... you can still renew on line even if you've had one or two in the past years or so....

No questions asked. Mine was a three click step if I remember correctly. Since I have a VA disability and it's free, mine skipped the credit card step.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I hate to complain but it just seemed like there was a step missing or something....

where's the gobment questions... and such.... Kind of hard to believe it / they are covered on the first page... Oh and by the way traffic tickets don't count... you can still renew on line even if you've had one or two in the past years or so....
    That was a welcome change. Last time I renewed I had to pull a copy of my traffic record and send it to them. I wasn't sure if traffic offenses counted but by the language they used it sounded like they did. Didn't cause a problem though.

Can't see why you needed to pull a copy when they can get it instantly and do when you apply....

Kind of obvious if you look at the picture on the permit and on your D.L.

what I ment by the questions... is if I recall before you fill out the renewal / credit card stuff there is a page that comes up and says if you have had these things happen in the last 5 years you can't renew on line but must do it the old way (paper)... onece you say you haven't had any of that then you go straight in and fill out the credit card info.

Everything has changed on the application over the years. I know when I first got mine I had to get a copy of my traffic record and list everything and anything about tickets or arrest. I had only one thing to report. An vehicle accident I had back in 1974. Now you don't have to do anything like that.

I have a couple more questions on this:

1) I am considering getting my NH non-resident permit so I can carry in GA (I picked this one because it carries quite a few more states and I don't have to take another class). Should I wait until my new permit comes in to apply or can I go ahead and send it?

2) Has anyone with the NH permit had the references they list contacted? I can find several I'm sure but when I ask them I want to be able to tell them how likely they are to be called.

Thanks in advance,

SC

I'd wait for the new permit. Although it probably wouldn't matter since they are, in my opinion, only after the money. There would be a less chance of any confusion. As far as the references go I've never heard of anyone being contacted. None of mine or my sons were contacted. I think it's just a procedural requirement. There are other non-resident permits out there. Some cheaper and some that cost more, however a lot of them don't have GA on their reciprocal list. For $100 NH gives me the states that I need without any hassle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast