Major problems with CWP renewals for everyone, better read
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Major problems with CWP renewals for everyone, better read

Major problems with CWP renewals for everyone, better read

Once again SLED is thumbing their noses at the State Legislature and the law by changing the CWP application and renewal process. The kicker is that not only will we have to be fingerprinted by this outfit but the price of renewal is going up by $10.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division

ATTENTION

STARTING AUGUST 2, 2010 SLED WILL BEGIN A NEW CWP AUTOMATED PROCESS. SLED WILL NO LONGER ACCEPT PAPER APPLICATIONS FOR NEW AND RENEWAL CONCEALED WEAPON PERMITS. ALL APPLICATIONS WILL BE SUBMITTED THROUGH THE NEW “SLED EasyPath” SYSTEM HOSTED BY L1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS. ALL APPLICANTS, BOTH NEW AND RENEWAL, MUST BE FINGERPRINTED BY L1 IDENTITY SOLUTIONS.

ANY PAPER APPLICATION POSTMARKED AFTER JULY 9, 2010 WILL BE RETURNED IN PREPARATION FOR THE NEW SYSTEM.

PLEASE VISIT THE L1 WEBSITE AT L-1 Identity Solutions, Enrollment Services Division or CALL (866) 254-2366 BEGINNING AUGUST 2, 2010 TO REGISTER FOR AN APPOINTMENT.

I just got my CWP so I won't have to worry about this for 4 years but I don't like it. What a hassle. and more $$. just more regulation on a constitutional right.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    Once again SLED is thumbing their noses at the State Legislature and the law by changing the CWP application and renewal process. The kicker is that not only will we have to be fingerprinted by this outfit but the price of renewal is going up by $10.

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    Hmmmmm...wonder whose relative owns L1 Identify Solutions??

I saw this on SCFirearms Yahoo Groups forum and had to confirm myself...

My question is that who made this law and additional tax/fee? SLED? our State Congress?

How can we fight it? I want some names!

I didn't see this on SC Grass Roots either.

I searched and couldn't find anything where they are rewriting SECTION 23-31-215. Issuance of permits. That section will have to be changed before they can start this. It looks like L-1 Enrollment Services has been used for fingerprinting SC Department of Education Teachers for Teacher Certifications. It's really unclear if L-1 Enrollment Services is just going to do fingerprinting or complete the whole package for CWP's since they appear to only a fingerprinting collection and cataloging firm. The statement on SLED's site leads you to believe that L-1 is going to do the whole thing. A lot of questions needs to be answered.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    It looks like L-1 Enrollment Services has been used for fingerprinting SC Department of Education Teachers for Teacher Certifications.
    My wife didn't go through L1 when she was teaching the last couple years in Berkeley County at least not that she knows. I know she didn't go to any of the L1 locations.

I really don't like the fact that an interstate company has possession of our fingerprints and background investigations electronically online for anyone to hack or search. Having physical copies at the state level is one matter, interstate commercial possession and storage is something totally [email protected]!

The state government has no authority and cannot protect our information.

FN1910, where did you find the information about the $10 increase? I may be overlooking it but I can't find it.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Hmmm, that smack's of the Publisher's Clearing House of CWP information. There's no legal control over what they do with what you give them, this should not be legal, if it is, we need to change that.

I renewed online, SLED debited my account on May 27th, no renewal in hand yet.

We need Vermont, Alaska, and Arizona carry in South Carolina.
    Pat
    Southern National Congress
    NRA life, GOA Life, SAF life

10. But $10 more is such a small amount to pay to excersice your right!

From what I read there is only a one day a month 6 hour window at of all places "Department of Social Services" for me to be fingerprinted in Greenwood County. Phone will be lit up Tuesday. Thanks for the information. I wonder if L1 is connected with the same folks a few years ago who "purchased" our drivers license photos?
    [

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast