Sent off the New Hampshire non-resident application today. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sent off the New Hampshire non-resident application today.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    It was $100 for four years. It adds Alabama, Georgia (the main reason I wanted it), Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania. Basically with the SC/NH combo you can carry west to Arizona, south to Florida and north to Pennsylvania legally - just avoid Maryland and Washington DC. You wind up with a total of 32 states. You will need your SC permit first though.

The Florida permit does basically the same thing but adds Delaware and Washington state, and doesn't give you New Hampshire. I went with the NH permit because it doesn't require a separate class (I took my SC permit class about 8 years ago). The Utah permit gives you basically the same as the FL permit. The Pennsylvania permit doesn't give you Alabama or Mississippi - you only gain Georgia, North Dakota and Pennsylvania.
    Slight correction. You will need ANY state's permit first.

A non-resident pistol permit will not be issued unless you supply:
    1) A copy (front & back) of your valid concealed carry permit issued by the state, county, or town in which you reside, or a valid concealed permit issued by any other state.

From what I saw it is more of a benefit to SC residents because most of the additional states we get are in the south (GA, MS, AL).
    It's good that you can get New Hampshire to help you with the neighboring states. I'm surrounded by New York, New Jersey, and Maryland! And Philadelphia as a city is trying to follow suit by introducing legislation to stop non-resident carry permits. It's a shame that the dangerous places that require the most protection hate the law abiding citizens the most!

Non-resient permit question

From what I saw it is more of a benefit to SC residents because most of the additional states we get are in the south (GA, MS, AL).
    Do you know if the non-resident permit requirement for owning property in South Carolina can be a timeshare?

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Do you know if the non-resident permit requirement for owning property in South Carolina can be a timeshare?
    I doubt that will work. Do you pay property tax to the county where it's located ?
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I doubt that will work. Do you pay property tax to the county where it's located ?
    Property taxes are usually included in the yearly or monthly timeshare fee. I have never seen a separate tax bill, as technically, it would have to be divided 52 ways.

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Property taxes are usually included in the yearly or monthly timeshare fee. I have never seen a separate tax bill, as technically, it would have to be divided 52 ways.
    Interesting dilemma! If you can get this form filled out then you can get a nonresident permit. http://www.sled.sc.gov/documents/Non...mit%20Form.doc

The best thing to do is call SLED and ask them about time shares. Concealed Weapons Permits, Security Guard, and Private Investigator Questions 803.896.7099

South Carolina Law Enforcement Division
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thanks for the info, Red Hat!

what reason did you give for applying for the non-resident permit?
    I don't carry a gun because I hate the government.
    I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Raganrsx View Post
    what reason did you give for applying for the non-resident permit?

Reason for applying is not required for any permit. A non resident fills out the same form as a resident does with one exception, they must have the property tax form filled out also.

So is nh a better choice than florida?? My cwp instructor mentioned pennsylvania, but I was thinking utah,florida, or nh would be better options.
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants---Thomas Jefferson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast