Sent off the New Hampshire non-resident application today. - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sent off the New Hampshire non-resident application today.

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    I finally got around to sending in my non-resident NH CWP application today. We'll see how it goes.
    Why NH instead of FL? You get one more state with Florida (Washington and DE instead of NH), and you get 7 years for $117 (less than $17/yer vs $25/yr in NH).

Just curious if I missed something (sent my FL app. Friday).

Quote Originally Posted by SC Tiger View Post
    It was $100 for four years. It adds Alabama, Georgia (the main reason I wanted it), Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, and Pennsylvania. Basically with the SC/NH combo you can carry west to Arizona, south to Florida and north to Pennsylvania legally - just avoid Maryland and Washington DC. You wind up with a total of 32 states. You will need your SC permit first though.

The Florida permit does basically the same thing but adds Delaware and Washington state, and doesn't give you New Hampshire. I went with the NH permit because it doesn't require a separate class (I took my SC permit class about 8 years ago). The Utah permit gives you basically the same as the FL permit. The Pennsylvania permit doesn't give you Alabama or Mississippi - you only gain Georgia, North Dakota and Pennsylvania.
    Just to clarify regarding training, you just need a copy of your certificate of training to get a Florida permit. In SC you are required to take this training, so I'm not sure what you mean in you post above.

Did you lose you training certificate?

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Just to clarify regarding training, you just need a copy of your certificate of training to get a Florida permit. In SC you are required to take this training, so I'm not sure what you mean in you post above.

Did you lose you training certificate?
    To my understanding you have to take a specific course for the Florida CWP that is separate from the SC one. NH was just easier to do. I took the CWP test a LONG time ago.

I don't think I got a training certificate. I took the training, the instructor delivered the information to SLED, and a permit showed up 93 days later

SC just signed a reciprocity agreement with DE.

5. Maine can be done by mail and has reciprocity with Delaware.I believe Iowa is next to have CCW for non residents,Connecticut is also done by mail.PA is going to end the mail in application starting in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter won View Post
    Maine can be done by mail and has reciprocity with Delaware.I believe Iowa is next to have CCW for non residents,Connecticut is also done by mail.PA is going to end the mail in application starting in 2011.
    We now have reciprocity with DE. SLED hasn't updated their site but DE has SC listed. http://attorneygeneral.delaware.gov/...dweapons.shtml
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234