Open carry in sc - Page 10
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Open carry in sc

Quote Originally Posted by o-Marine-o View Post

Employees, Buisness owners, etc.. I am not worried about truthfully, since my workplace doesnt allow it either way... I know some want it, but doesnt bother me at the moment...
    We need to look at the rights for all not just how it applies to your current situation.

I work at the base (Navy and AF).
    I can't even have weapons of any sorts in my auto for protection...
    Doesn't stop me from supporting everyone's right to keep and bear arms.

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    We need to look at the rights for all not just how it applies to your current situation.

I work at the base (Navy and AF).
    I can't even have weapons of any sorts in my auto for protection...
    Doesn't stop me from supporting everyone's right to keep and bear arms.
    I agree, and I support everyones right to bear arms.... but there's always going to be a line somewhere...
    Me, I will give up workplace carry for open carry....others would not. That's the great thing bout having our own opinions. I will however support workplace carry. But honestly in my area, I know of only 1 place that allows workplace carry, and that is a privately owned family company...
    The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants---Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    Have you read their position on the current bill, which is probably behind the "attitude" from Grass Roots? The current bill would be a HELL of a compromise, and is unacceptable:

H. 3003
    GrassRoots Position: GrassRoots cannot support this bill unless amended (as explained below).
    Current Status: In House Judiciary Committee.
    Primary Sponsor: Cooper.
    Full Text: 2009-2010 Bill 3003: Weapons - South Carolina Legislature Online GrassRoots GunRights Analysis of H. 3003
    As currently drafted, H. 3003 is a compromise bill that forces gun owners to give up something (i.e., in vehicle concealed carry for CWP holders; concealed carry for business owners, employees, and managers; and any kind of carry for business owners and managers of businesses that serve alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption) in order to get something (i.e., open carry).

Hell, that ISN'T a compromise at all!! It Grassroots lobbies against it for those reasons, they are not only jerks, they are STUPID too! All the bill is saying is that you can't have it both ways. If you want Open Carry then that's they way you are going to carry in S.C., not concealed anywhere. Hell, I'll take that in a heartbeat!! The part about you can't conceal in a car..why in the hell would you be against that? I don't want, or need, to conceal in a car. If I'm open carrying, that would mean I would have ton rearrange my clothing to conceal. That wouldn't make any sense anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Hell, that ISN'T a compromise at all!! It Grassroots lobbies against it for those reasons, they are not only jerks, they are STUPID too! All the bill is saying is that you can't have it both ways. If you want Open Carry then that's they way you are going to carry in S.C., not concealed anywhere. Hell, I'll take that in a heartbeat!! The part about you can't conceal in a car..why in the hell would you be against that? I don't want, or need, to conceal in a car. If I'm open carrying, that would mean I would have ton rearrange my clothing to conceal. That wouldn't make any sense anyway.
    The current bill is pure gun control at its worst. It's a ******** compromise that I am not willing to support. Many others as well.

We'll get OPEN CARRY passed and KEEP our rights of:

- In vehicle concealed carry for CWP holders
    - Concealed carry for business owners, employees, and managers
    - Any kind of carry for business owners and managers of businesses that serve alcoholic beverages for on premises consumption

Just because you want to have a gun on your side doesn't make it "okay" to make the bar or restaurant owner lose their right to be able to protect their establishment, etc., etc.

My opinion is different from yours, but I won't call you STUPID or a jerk. I have my concealed permit and carry everywhere I need or want to carry except in restaurants. Grass Roots will get that passed as well.

I am confused on one of the arguments that SCGR has put forward. If I underrstand correcly they are saying that this bill would prevent owners and employees from carrying in places that server alcohol for on-premise consumption. I thought that was already illegal. Where is the code that allows business owners carry in bars? 16-23-20-(13) says other than a business subject to Section 16-23-465.

I'm pretty sure owners can with out a permit.... not so sure about employees.....

I think if you read the whole speal from grassroots... yes they are pointing out the bill is a compromise and one they don't support.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I'm pretty sure owners can with out a permit.... not so sure about employees.....

I think if you read the whole speal from grassroots... yes they are pointing out the bill is a compromise and one they don't support.
    HOLY %^% - that bill SUCKS!

I just read through the whole bill with the latest revisions last night - WHAT THE HELL!!
    Who made all these BS changes....

I agree with Islander, this is GUN CONTROL.

Did the illustrious SLED re-write the bill?
    Are they trying to take our right back another 10 years.

This is too freaking complicated

9. Lightbulb Duties before using deadly force

You have a DUTY to retreat. Point, Blank, Period. You are NOT required to retreat inside of a dwelling i.e. your home. If in public, while concealing, you are not required to intervene in a robbery situation. However, you are protected under the law if you do so. The law simply requires you (A. Feel iminent danger to your person. (B. You feel another persons life is in jeapordy or (C. The person(s) commiting the crime have intent on commiting a violent crime. If you are in a gas station and someone points a gun at the clerk's head, you are now in a situation to either eliminate the threat or retreat. Remember: The brain is very tricky... Shoot in the head and the gunman may involuntary squeeze the trigger, killing the clerk (just an example). You also have a duty before deadly force to relinquish any property demanded, and submit to all demands.. i.e Get on the ground, give me your wallet... Never turn around! At this point it becomes an iminent threat and should be eliminated. And NEVER shoot someone in the back! They have become a NON-THREAT and shooting a fleeing suspect is manslaughter.

A dead man can not speak.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    <<SNIP SNIP>>

Actually in SC the OC restrictions are less than many states where OC is supposedly legal. As for long guns I am having trouble finding any restrictions on the carry of them other than GMA's and boats. As one County Sheriff told me, behave yourself and don't worry about it.
    We were told that OC of long guns is legal about anyplace in SC in our CWP class (of course lots of federal laws and a few state laws don't let you really carry everywhere). They of course can ask you to leave and you have to, or if you are creating a public disturbance you could be asked to leave by the Police.

This isn't Illinois, the hunting laws don't apply when you are obviously not hunting, sort of like the no guns laws don't apply when you are hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    NavyLT.... now who let you into our state? :)

<<SNIP SNIP>>

I really think we need to push throwing out the no carry in restaurants that serve alcohol first though.

<<SNIP SNIP>>
    Has anyone ever seen anyone charged for this?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast