DNR Pickens Pistol Range Reopens

Thread: DNR Pickens Pistol Range Reopens

1. DNR Pickens Pistol Range Reopens

Looks like they've done it up right.

The Pickens Sentinel - Pickens pistol range reopens

Looks like a nice new range. I like how they added three handicapped-accessible shooting positions. Just added to our list of SC ranges.
    Last edited by lukem; 10-06-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Kind of funny that the whole justification for it is about hunting... and I quote:
    “This country was founded by hunters. We wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for our forefathers hunting and living off the land.”

How about this country was founded by a people that got tired of being abused by their government and decided to take up arms and do something about it? I guess that would not be politically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Kind of funny that the whole justification for it is about hunting... and I quote:
    “This country was founded by hunters. We wouldn’t be here today if it wasn’t for our forefathers hunting and living off the land.”

How about this country was founded by a people that got tired of being abused by their government and decided to take up arms and do something about it? I guess that would not be politically correct.
    I'm sure they said that because money from the hunters went toward this. I think you're reading into it a bit too much. Lighten up.

“Our lands that are managed and our waters that managed, they’re managed from funds that come from our hunters and from our anglers.

“It’s through the license revenue that DNR obtains, and it’s through excise taxes on arms and ammunition and manufacturing tackle.”

“It’s important we give back to our hunters,” Frampton continued. “Our shooting sports are a big part of that excise tax."

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    I'm sure they said that because money from the hunters went toward this. I think you're reading into it a bit too much. Lighten up.
    Yeah one of the recent goals of the NRA was to get some of the Pittman-Rossman act trust funds to be used for range construction and upgrades.

Y'all are probably right... I don't hunt and have no plans to... quit about 35 years ago.... but I'm not a rabid bunny hugger like I am with trees :)..... And it's good they use some of that tax money they are stealing from hunters for something constructive. I just wonder how many pistol hunters are using the range?

I may have time to go by and check it out next week.