CWP came in the mail - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: CWP came in the mail

1. great to hear. mine took exactly 90 days! hope they get quicker. My wife is going for hers soon.

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    I want to get a secondary weapon for backup purposes. I am considering a .380 or .38 special wheel gun for my left pocket. I also feel a bit uncomfortable while sitting in my car. Getting to my primary CCW weapon would require releasing the seat belt, moving the shirt out of the way and drawing the weapon. When I was an LEO and I felt as if I might need to get to my weapon quickly I could just unholster it and put it in the seat next to me. Those days are gone and now I can no longer do that. Maybe I can put it on the seat next to me and put a cloth over it. Thoughts or suggestions?

Arrived 89 days after they received it.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead View Post
    I want to get a secondary weapon for backup purposes. I am considering a .380 or .38 special wheel gun for my left pocket. I also feel a bit uncomfortable while sitting in my car. Getting to my primary CCW weapon would require releasing the seat belt, moving the shirt out of the way and drawing the weapon. When I was an LEO and I felt as if I might need to get to my weapon quickly I could just unholster it and put it in the seat next to me. Those days are gone and now I can no longer do that. Maybe I can put it on the seat next to me and put a cloth over it. Thoughts or suggestions?
    Many times in my car I will place mine on the seat beside me and cover it with a towel. I do not know if this actually meets the letter of the law or the intent but it is on or about my person and is concealed by normal clothing as I usually keep a towel in the seat beside me. That is much better than trying to fish it out of the console, glove box or from my clothing and is much more comfortable. Of course when my wife is with me that doesn't work. To me that would be the same as having it in a purse or brief case.

6. I was just wondering, those of you who have gotten your permit, when you say days does that mean business days? I completed the course 90 days ago (66 business days) and was wondering if I should expect to wait a lot longer. It's kind of frustrating just sitting here waiting for it.

Calendar days, not business days. Mine took 60 calendar days mailbox to mailbox but that was several years ago.

8. Congratulations, all of you are now registered gun owners with the state, and are supporting an unconstitutional law. You will be the first targets of the government IF they ever start collecting private guns. Good luck with that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by chiefpropellerhead View Post
    Guys, my CWP took 94 days from the day I took my class. Chief, while I carry in the car, I also have my G26 in the center console of my SUV which makes for a bit easier access.

Quote Originally Posted by muddog15 View Post
    Congratulations, all of you are now registered gun owners with the state, and are supporting an unconstitutional law. You will be the first targets of the government IF they ever start collecting private guns. Good luck with that.
    I'm new here but not to guns and self protection or sporting usage....I have not seen other post by you but you have a tone of gun control in your message?....Why is that the anti gun crown ignore the facts that armed citizens are not the problem. It's the idiot judges that keep opening the doors for maggots walk out of our jails and prisons....then have the audacity to act surprised when they rape of kill!

Sorry I know this thread was intended to talk about obtaining your CWP....Keep getting these permits guys as one day we will have to defend our families!

Quote Originally Posted by jam116 View Post
    I'm new here but not to guns and self protection or sporting usage....I have not seen other post by you but you have a tone of gun control in your message?....Why is that the anti gun crown ignore the facts that armed citizens are not the problem. It's the idiot judges that keep opening the doors for maggots walk out of our jails and prisons....then have the audacity to act surprised when they rape of kill!

Sorry I know this thread was intended to talk about obtaining your CWP....Keep getting these permits guys as one day we will have to defend our families!
    I have no idea how you interpreted what he said into that. Perhaps reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. Unfortunately, he's correct.

The Second Amendment is pretty clear when it states "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed". Any procedure, process, requirement or restriction the government puts between you (us) and keeping or bearing arms is un-Constitutional (see 2A).

In South Carolina open carry is mostly illegal, which is un-Constitutional. In South Carolina concealed carry is mostly illegal without a state issued permit, which is un-Constitutional. In South Carolina even with a permit there is a laundry list of places that we're not allowed to carry, which is un-Constitutional. In South Carolina we have an entire class of guns that can't be purchased at the retail level (which also makes them essentially unavailable used) because of the melting point law, which is un-Constitutional. And this is all on top of federal laws that directly affect SC citizens such as mandatory background checks, which are un-Constitutional.

Are you seeing a pattern yet? They are all un-Constitutional forms of gun control.

Additionally, by submitting to the CWP process (which my wife and I both have in 5 states) you (we) most certainly have participated in de-facto gun registration. Or at least de-facto gun owner registration, because let's face it. How many CWP holders don't own at least one gun?

So, instead of throwing baseless accusations toward people about being anti-gun or gun control advocates, try this. Look in the mirror. If you (like me) are a CWP holder you have supported a form of gun control whether you intended to or not. If you advocate for people to "keep getting those permits" instead of working toward true Constitutional carry and the repeal of all gun laws, then you are either knowingly or unkowningly (not anymore) supporting anti-gun, anti-rights, un-Constitutional laws.

So in closing, let's turn your post above around. Why do you have the tone of gun control in your message?

ETA: We often talk about the 2A on this forum, but many people (maybe you) aren't aware that South Carolina has "it's own 2A". Article 1, Section 20 of the South Carolina constitution states;

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. As, in times of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they shall not be maintained without the consent of the General Assembly. The military power of the State shall always be held in subordination to the civil authority and be governed by it. No soldier shall in time of peace be quartered in any house without the consent of the owner nor in time of war but in the manner prescribed by law.

If nothing else that means that every law SC has on the books concerning guns is un-Constitutional according the both the federal and the state governments. Do CWP's still seem like a good and lawful idea?
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast