2011 Legislative Session

Thread: 2011 Legislative Session

1. 2011 Legislative Session

I think every politician who ran this year promised no new taxes.
    So, that means lots and lots of fee hikes.
    I think SLED will get its CWP fee increase and the electronic fingerprints requirement.
    Will CWP holders get anything in return?
    That probably depends on the NRA. Grassroots got zilch last year and managed to PO Senator Jakie Knotts big time.

I had the honor of receiving a personal email from Sen. Knotts and all I can say is anytime anybody pisses him off is a good day. From all I can tell he's a lying sack of hog excrement who makes his living fooling the folks of S.C.

Hopefully we can get restaurant carry, but I'm not holding my breath.

4. I will hazard a guess that Grassroots and Jakie Knotts have not reconciled.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I had the honor of receiving a personal email from Sen. Knotts and all I can say is anytime anybody pisses him off is a good day. From all I can tell he's a lying sack of hog excrement who makes his living fooling the folks of S.C..
    +1

I totally concur!!!!
    Senator Knotts is a lying racist bigot that needs to be removed from office.
    He boasted about holding up the CWP bill, creating all the reciprocity BS.
    He lied to Grassroot about killing H.3585, the secret compartments in vehicles.
    He also publicly and racially slurred Nikki Haley (as well as the President)

6. Grassroots member may want to contact their registered lobbyist William Rentiers III.
    GrassRoots South Carolina - BOD, Officers, and Staff

Looks like Grassroots paid him $44,000 in 2009 and has paid $20,000 so far in 2010 with presumably another $24,000 to go.
    SC.GOV - Ethics Campaign Finance Reporting

Rentiers' also collected 2010 expenses of $18.91 twelve times, presumably for visits to the State House.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
    I think every politician who ran this year promised no new taxes.
    So, that means lots and lots of fee hikes.
    I think SLED will get its CWP fee increase and the electronic fingerprints requirement.
    Will CWP holders get anything in return?
    That probably depends on the NRA. Grassroots got zilch last year and managed to PO Senator Jakie Knotts big time.
    You're apparently not paying attention. GRGR was right on top of this and was substantially responsible for having the fee increase and electronic prints dumped. Over six months ago in July of this year. This is not recent news.

"NOTICE
    The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) will not be implementing the Digitized Fingerprinting Concealed Weapon Permit (CWP) program as was previously announced. SLED personnel will continue to seek efficiency measures Division-wide, including the CWP program. SLED appreciates the patience demonstrated by each CWP applicant as SLED Regulatory personnel attempt to address CWP application turnaround times during these challenging economic times."
    South Carolina Law Enforcement Division:

This information is not difficult to find. It is also posted prominently on the front page of the GRGR website;
    GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose.

Furthermore, while GRGR didn't get anything passed in 2010, they (we) did get a few bad bills killed which is a vicory of sorts.

So, other than bad mouthing the only pro-gun rights organization in South Carolina, what did you do this last year to fight for and improve our Second Amendment rights? It's always easier to throw bombs than it is to do something worthwhile.

8. The 2011 Legislative Session convenes in 2011.
    The current year is 2010.

Now who exactly isn't up-to-date?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
    The 2011 Legislative Session convenes in 2011.
    The current year is 2010.

Now who exactly isn't up-to-date?
    Do you have a point, and if so, what is it?

Please respond to my previous post. Do not talk in circles.

Chill guys,

the frustration is with the politicians.... I was totally amazed when I learned that some state reps will actually sponsor a pro-gun bill and of course tell us all how they did and how they support gun rights and then actually kill their own bill in committee.... seems unless you can actually get into a committee and see and hear what is going on, no body knows....