Bi-Lo Center, Greenville SC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bi-Lo Center, Greenville SC

Bi-Lo Center, Greenville SC

Does anyone know if the Bi-Lo center is conceal carry friendly?

I'm going tonight - would like to know before I get there and have to walk a mile back to my car and leave my gun

and if you CC who will know????????? Plus the mile walk during the evening hours could present an opportunity for a BG if you're unarmed. JUST my 2 cents!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

+1...

The Bilo center serves alcohol for consumption on the premesis. So that makes it a no carry zone.

Depending on what you are going to, don't be surprised if there is security out in front checking everybody with a wand metal detector.... last time I went to a concert there... they were doing this... I don't think they were checking for weapons but for recording devices... there is an easy way to get past this... but you will have to private email me to find out how....

Who owns the Bi-Lo center? I know Bi-Lo has naming rights but is it owned by the city of Greenville? If it it a publicly owned building then it is off limits in SC.

Ok - so I figured alcohol sales would be present so I left it in the car.

Funny thing was at the front entrance, there were three doors open with ticket takers. Two of the doors had people with wand metal detectors...and the third lacked a metal detector.

What kind of sense does that make? Even if they were checking for recording devices, all someone had to do was walk to the other door and go in (which was in plain sight of the other doors with metal detectors).

There were a few deputies inside..I was tempted to ask one if it was allowed but I didn't wanna stir up anything. Maybe I should have

SECTION 16-23-420. Possession of firearm on school property; concealed weapons. [SC ST SEC 16-23-420]

(A) It is unlawful for a person to possess a firearm of any kind on any premises or property owned, operated, or controlled by a private or public school, college, university, technical college, other post-secondary institution, or in any publicly owned building, without the express permission of the authorities in charge of the premises or property. The provisions of this subsection related to any premises or property owned, operated, or controlled by a private or public school, college, university, technical college, or other post-secondary institution, do not apply to a person who is authorized to carry a concealed weapon pursuant to Article 4, Chapter 31, Title 23 when the weapon remains inside an attended or locked motor vehicle and is secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle.
    I knew it was in there somewhere but had to search for it.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I knew it was in there somewhere but had to search for it.
    I stand corrected and have deleted my post. Bastards snuck that in under the school section. Might be argued that since the title is "Possession of firearm on school property; concealed weapons", any non-school building does not apply. But I doubt it.

Thanks for finding that.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I stand corrected and have deleted my post. Bastards snuck that in under the school section. Might be argued that since the title is "Possession of firearm on school property; concealed weapons", any non-school building does not apply. But I doubt it.

Thanks for finding that.
    That was something that I remembered from my CWP class and is sneaky and underhanded but is law. I am like you that you could argue about is but I wouldn't depend on it being a defence. I would bet that few CWP holders know about it and few LEO because of the section it is tucked into. Some of the CWP prohibited places seem to just reflect this so I doubt that even the lawmakers are aware of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast