*Latest Update From My Denial Process* - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *Latest Update From My Denial Process*

1. Congrats from West Virginia. Stay alert and stay safe.

3. Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    So, even with a denial letter and appeal, you get yours in less time than most of us did?

errg!

don't mind me, I'm just a grumpy old man....
    Apparently, but I have been talking to some folks and this actually seems to be the going thing now for SLED and starting to speed up their process.

A couple of the guys that I went to my class with had their permit a week before Thanksgiving. We all took our class on September 25th. So with my appeal and all I was quite pleased.

I hope this trend continues on down the road. I think it will help get more people involved and want to go take the course. Since I took the course, I have been telling everyone I know about it. Spreading the word... Best thing I feel that I can do to help our cause. The more people that are CWP holders, the louder our voice gets altogether.

I think I have helped a few women I work with decide that they are actually going to take the class with their husbands.

Quote Originally Posted by tyjack09 View Post
    I think I have helped a few women I work with decide that they are actually going to take the class with their husbands.
    If your husband, wife, lover, et cetera is getting a CCW, you should take the safety course too, even if you have no interest in carrying a firearm, IMHO.

My CWP was 60 days from mailbox to mailbox so I beat the 79 days. I did not have to appeal or anything so I can't compare to the OP on the time but I will admit that right after the election SLED was swamped with applications and mine was well befor that.

6. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    If your husband, wife, lover, et cetera is getting a CCW, you should take the safety course too, even if you have no interest in carrying a firearm, IMHO.
    Agreed, One of the things that my wife and I spoke about was her learning to feel comfortable enough using the gun. Fortunately, the local gun shop here has a Ladies night shoot on Wednesday nights. She is also schedule to take the Handgun beginners class at the beginning of January.

Quote Originally Posted by tyjack09 View Post

He looked up my SSN and told me that the biggest factor was my actual letter that I wrote to him and stating my case of why I disagreed with the initial denial.

You go dude!

That's how you get things done. Become an albatross around their neck, and a thorn in their side if need be. They will just want you to go away.
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Welcome to the ranks! And a big thumbs up on the letter... Law Abiding Citizen stating his point of view.

Symtron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12