Girlfriend got her South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit

Thread: Girlfriend got her South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit

Girlfriend got her South Carolina Concealed Weapons Permit

My girlfriend got her CWP in 68 days wow! Receive Oct 14 got it back on Dec 22nd.

Tell her congrats! 68 days is still too long but a lot better than it has been!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Always like happy endings......

Our new Gov is a 2nd Amendment Supporter. Maybe we can get OC this coming year.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

SC CWP's much faster

I have received emails from students recently who got their CWP's back in 45 and 48 days.
    “Sworn to uphold and defend the United States Constitution against ALL enemies foreign and DOMESTIC”,for over 40 years.
    Owner, Self Defense CWP

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    Always like happy endings......

Our new Gov is a 2nd Amendment Supporter. Maybe we can get OC this coming year.
    When my wife and I spoke to cadidate, now Governor elect Haley at a luncheon in April, she told us that if elected she would support and sign any pro-gun bill that came across her desk. When further questioned specifically about open carry, she agreed it's past time for South Carolinians.

I just hope we can get some well written bills through the house and senate, and that she keeps her word.

A great early Christmas present! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Tell her congrats! 68 days is still too long but a lot better than it has been!
    Agreed, I can't see any real reason why a background check should take longer than 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Agreed, I can't see any real reason why a background check should take longer than 30 days.
    The simple answer is because by law they have 90 days to do the background check and get your permit issued. The more complicated answer is explaining some of the process involved.

The best way to resolve this issue will be for South Carolina to allow Constitutional Carry with a CWP option for those who wish to carry out of state. An even better solution would be to have nationwide Constitutional Carry.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    The best way to resolve this issue will be for South Carolina to allow Constitutional Carry with a CWP option for those who wish to carry out of state.
    Yeah, I'd like to see that, but I do not see it as a realistic goal at this time. In the mean time we need to support any progun bills we can and educate the public as well.