Gun Shop in the NMB area?

Thread: Gun Shop in the NMB area?

Gun Shop in the NMB area?

I live in NMB and wonder if anyone could recommend a gun shop, I have been to a few and find their pricing to be outrageous.
    I don't think 20% over MSRP is a good deal but found that one shop thought it was doing me a favor by having a good stock....
    Bass P had a more reasonable price but not the weapon I was looking for.
    Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Safebustr View Post
    I live in NMB and wonder if anyone could recommend a gun shop, I have been to a few and find their pricing to be outrageous.
    I don't think 20% over MSRP is a good deal but found that one shop thought it was doing me a favor by having a good stock....
    Bass P had a more reasonable price but not the weapon I was looking for.
    Any suggestions?
    I've done well at Bakers pawn shop in Conway. Nice folks and they'll get it for you. Bakers Pawn Shop : Anything You Can Imagine!
    You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

In my experience, the best place to buy guns in South Carolina is... Well, not in South Carolina. I suggest finding an FFL to do your transfers (usually about $25-$40) and do your shopping with online dealers or GunBroker.

Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com

One place to avoid, based on an experience I'm trying to help get resolved for a friend right now, is Doc's Gun Exchange in Florence. Calling him a crook would be a disservice to criminals everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    In my experience, the best place to buy guns in South Carolina is... Well, not in South Carolina. I suggest finding an FFL to do your transfers (usually about $25-$40) and do your shopping with online dealers or GunBroker.

Guns - Online Gun Auction - Guns for Sale at GunBroker.com

One place to avoid, based on an experience I'm trying to help get resolved for a friend right now, is Doc's Gun Exchange in Florence. Calling him a crook would be a disservice to criminals everywhere.
    I have always had good experience with Doc's. They are in the middle with prices, always lower than Norman's, usually a little higher than Southland and haven't had any problems with them. Sorry to hear that you have.

6. Head up to Little River and visit the Little River Pawn Shop. They've got Glocks, Sig's, Rugers, Kimbers, Kel-Tec 380's and 9's, LCP's and LCR's as well as a good selection of used snub nosed revolvers. If it's in their store, you will not find a better price from Murrells Inlet to the NC State line. Bill

Thanks guys, I'll check out those places

Tom

I find what I want then call all the shops and ask what their price is if they order it. Where I live there is around a $20 difference between shops.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    .......One place to avoid, based on an experience I'm trying to help get resolved for a friend right now, is Doc's Gun Exchange in Florence. Calling him a crook would be a disservice to criminals everywhere.
    I have had a good experience(s) at Doc's. He may come over as gruff, but he will answer your (my) even stupid questions when I was just beginning to consider Carry. I hope you can come back to say your concerns were handled to a mutual satisfaction.

Symtron