Ready to send in CCP paperwork..question

Thread: Ready to send in CCP paperwork..question

1. Ready to send in CCP paperwork..question

I have all my stuff ready to send in for my CCP..took the test, fingerprints, etc, etc.

I moved 2 years ago, and obviously have a different address on my license than what is listed on my CCP documents. I'm still in the same city, but just moved to a different address.

One person said thats no problem, as SLED doesn't look at DL address. Someone else said it would hold up my application.

What should I do?

SLED pulls your photo from the DMV database for the CWP photo. I would think that the address might be a problem. I would just go online and do a address change for the DMV. Thats just my thinking but I know they will reject for minor things.
    [

I know in new york the address on your app has to match the address on your license not shore if sc is different better safe then sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    I have all my stuff ready to send in for my CCP..took the test, fingerprints, etc, etc.

I moved 2 years ago, and obviously have a different address on my license than what is listed on my CCP documents. I'm still in the same city, but just moved to a different address.

One person said thats no problem, as SLED doesn't look at DL address. Someone else said it would hold up my application.

What should I do?
    the address on your permit must be the same as your license

I think when you move you are supposed to get it changed on your D.L. in a timely manner ... and that answers your question... fix your Drivers License first....

As a side note...how many folks send in their own paper work? I'm still amazed that there are instructors that don't take care of this for you.... when I got mine I not only paid for the class and qualification but for them to do the finger printing... picture and mail in the paper work with money order.... for a whopping total of $135... $50 of which was the SLED fee... well worth the extra to me.

Here's the requirement for address change.

SCDMV Online: General Driver's License Information

South Carolina law requires you to change your name or address on department records within 10 days of your actual name or address change. When you change your name or address with the department, all of the vehicle and driver records that relate to you will be updated.
    You need to change it before sending in your package.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787