Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Introduced - Page 10
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Introduced

Charleston, South Carolina, United States
    This is very interesting indeed. Thanks for posting about it. :) I would like to be able to conceal carry in a restaurant. I hope that there is some sort of amendment that stipulates if you drink alcohol that you can not carry. I realize that may not set well with some folks but I do not want someone drinking alcohol to excess and then being an idiot with their weapon and putting everyone in danger.

Virgina and other states allow people to partake in drinking while carrying. In Virginian one may drink while open carrying, only, though. If you carry concealed, you can't partake in drinking. I've never heard of any problems in any of the states that allow carrying and drinking, and I'm VERY active on firearm related issues in other states.

Do I think its a good idea to drink while carrying, not really. Do I think the government should have a say in the matter of firearms and drinking, NO.

Letting the government have control over anything firearm related, or anything else, for that matter, is not a good idea if you cherish liberty. All they will do is trample your rights,as they are doing now. If you give government an inch, it will take a mile.

It doesn't matter who's in charge, democrats, republicans, or whoever, the government is not your friend.

How about let's get the government out the business of telling people what they can and cant do with there firearms. Lets give the right back to private property owners to decide who can carry and what they can do when on there private property.

Lets let restaurant and bar owners decide if carrying is allowed on their property and if the carriers can drink on the premises. If they don't want people carrying in there business, fine, it's their right as private property owners. If they don't mind people carrying, but don't want them partaking in drinking, fine, let them post their policy. If you break it, they can ask you to leave. If you don't, they can call the popo and you will be charged with trespassing. If you don't like being around people carrying and drinking, go to another establishment that lets you carry but not drink.

Let's start taking accountable for our own actions and being responsible for our own safety, lets get the government out of our business. Lets end the nanny state. Don't screw up true liberty for the rest of us because you're scared (I'm saying that generally, not directed at anyone in particular).

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Please see my pamphlet, that's a work-in-progress, on the matter of firearm carry rights in SC:

Constitutional Carry for South Carolina

Two things.

1. As is obvious from chiefpropellerhead's post, he's not as pro-Second Amendment as he thinks he is. I've learned from plenty of interaction with him in the past that he's more of a statist. I don't know if it's simply his political outlook or his experience as a rent-a-cop, but he seems pretty sure that the only people who can be trusted with a gun are people just like him. Sorry if this hurts any feelings but that's my take on it. I guess folks in South Carolina just aren't as smart as folks in the rest of the country. If we could carry and drink in public, blood would be running in the streets.

2. I hadn't seen the Constitutional Carry blog before. It's pretty okay. But there is also some incorrect information along with some that has changed since being published. Having done essentially the same thing a few years ago (but nowhere near as nice) I very much appreciate and applaud your effort in making the pamphlet. But as 2A activists we have a responsibility to ensure that any info we distribute is 100% correct otherwise our credibility suffers. I'd be more than happy to work with you to correct and improve your product.

Everybody have a great day and late Happy Thanksgiving.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    2. I hadn't seen the Constitutional Carry blog before. It's pretty okay. But there is also some incorrect information along with some that has changed since being published. Having done essentially the same thing a few years ago (but nowhere near as nice) I very much appreciate and applaud your effort in making the pamphlet. But as 2A activists we have a responsibility to ensure that any info we distribute is 100% correct otherwise our credibility suffers. I'd be more than happy to work with you to correct and improve your product.
    Some help would be great. I'm no writer or designer, as you can tell. I asked for help on a few forums, but nobody has been serious about helping SC like you have in the past.

6. Good Old SC

Welcome to good old SC politics. Never changes. If you want freedom, take a trip over to Georgia and Tennessee. Our politicians could learn something from them.

Quote Originally Posted by bed92186 View Post
    I'm too lazy to take the time or make the effort to try to change things for the better. I'd rather just accept things as they are and complain about them. I'll leave the heavy lifting for others and then enjoy the fruits of their labor
    There, fixed that for ya.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

I've said this again and again. Grassroots does more harm than good for us. That bill was pulled back because the backers of it were harassed by Grassroots because the bill was not Perfect, in the eyes of Grassroots. Now we have NOTHING as a result. I have had an interchange with the Grassroots Pres, and I can affirm he is not what I want representing us. He is polarizing and confrontational. That may sound great sitting behind a keyboard on the internet, but in real-life dealings with live people, it pushes them back away from you. Remember, they have the ability to give us what we want, almost immediately. Why would you try to piss them off? That's a stupid way to try to get your legislation passed.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910