Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Introduced - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Introduced

I hope this didn't just die in committee like so many others have. They canceled the hearing for tomorrow!

NRA-ILA :: South Carolina: Hearing for Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Cancelled!

South Carolina: Hearing for Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Cancelled!

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

The House Judiciary Committee’s General Laws Subcommittee hearing scheduled for Tomorrow, February 3, has been cancelled. House Bill 3292, the Right-to-Carry reform bill introduced by state Representative Mike Pitts (R-14), had been on the agenda. A new hearing date has not been set at this time, but the NRA will continue to keep you up to date on the bill’s status, so please continue to check your e-mail and www.NRAILA.org.

H. 3292 seeks to reform current law to remove certain restrictions on where one may lawfully carry a concealed firearm, establish that property owners may not set policies or rules that would prohibit the transportation or storage of legally-possessed firearms or ammunition if it is locked, out of sight, within a privately-owned motor vehicle, and create a straight recognition standard for valid permits issued by other states.

Please continue to contact members of this subcommittee and urge them to support H. 3292.
    Their contact information can be found below.

House Judiciary Committee’s General Laws Subcommittee:

Rep. Thad Viers (R-68), Chairman
    (803) 734-3064
    [email protected]

Rep. Dan Hamilton (R-20)
    (803) 212-6795
    [email protected]

Rep. J. David Weeks (D-51)
    (803) 734-3102
    [email protected]

Rep. Laurie Slade Funderburk (D-52)
    (803) 734-3044
    [email protected]

Rep. George Hearn (R-105)
    (803) 212-6796
    [email protected]
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I hope this didn't just die in committee like so many others have. They canceled the hearing for tomorrow!
    Incomplete info from the NRA. The hearing has not been canceled, it has been rescheduled for next Thursday.

I posted this info somewhere on this forum. Like around eight posts up.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Incomplete info from the NRA. The hearing has not been canceled, it has been rescheduled for next Thursday.

I looked back through this thread and didn't see your post. Do you have a reference?
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I looked back through this thread and didn't see your post. Do you have a reference?
    Post #42 minus 8 equals post #34.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Ok I found it. I think you're a week off. Per #34, 1-31-2011, it was postponed for one week and that made it Thursday the 3rd and that has been canceled.

Ok I found it. I think you're a week off. Per #34, 1-31-2011, it was postponed for one week and that made it Thursday the 3rd and that has been canceled.
    Do you really want to have this argument? I don't.

The hearing was originally scheduled for 2/3/2011. It even says so in the NRA alert you posted. The hearing was postponed for one week. Based on this new gizmo called a calender that I have hanging on the wall, that would mean it's now scheduled for 2/10/2011.

What part of this confuses you?

Based on this new gizmo called a calender that I have hanging on the wall, that would mean it's now scheduled for 2/10/2011.

What part of this confuses you?
    You guys are getting realy high tech.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    You guys are getting realy high tech.
    Yeah, but I still had to do the cypherin' on my fingers.

it just picked up another sponsor

Status

02/02/11 House Member(s) request name added as sponsor: Quinn

No argument here! Just going by what's posted. Oh well...we'll see.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast