Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Introduced - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Right-to-Carry Reform Bill Introduced

I'm hoping this all works out and the bill gets a little clearer. I don't care what anyone says, open carry and concealed carry without a permit is the way to go. People who are afraid of firearms will just have to deal with it. Freedom or revolution, that's what I say.

NRA-ILA :: South Carolina: Right-to-Carry Reform Legislation to be Heard Soon!

South Carolina: Right-to-Carry Reform Legislation to be Heard Soon!

Monday, February 07, 2011

House Bill 3292, the Right-to-Carry reform bill introduced by state Representative Mike Pitts (R-14), will likely be heard in the House Judiciary Committee’s General Laws Subcommittee during the week of February 14.

This legislation seeks to make a number of positive reforms to the current permit system, including expanding where a permit holder may lawfully carry, as well as improving the current laws regarding recognizing permits issued by other states.

We will continue to alert you to developments regarding when this bill will be heard, but in the meantime, please encourage your Representative to sign on as a cosponsor. If he or she has already signed on, please be sure to express your thanks. Contact information can be found here.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Wow! That's kinda weird. Almost too weird to be a coincidence.

Twice now in the last week or so I've posted an NRA/ILA alert on the GrassRoots list serve and, viola... Very shortly thereafter it shows up here.

Truth is stranger than fiction.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

What's so weird about that? I get a NRA/ILA alerts almost daily and have been posting their alerts here for years.
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Help me with your reasoning. I don't doubt what you are saying, I just don't see how you get there from the portion of the proposed statute cited.

If you are pinning it on: "...whether concealed or not...," it seems to me that that could cut both ways.

BTW, my interest is purely academic, the only interest I have in OC is the principle that the Second Amendment means exactly and literally what it says. I have no need/desire to OC.
    I am in agreement with you, Kudzu. I wish we had OC, but I would still carry Concealed most of the time. There are times that I wish I didn't have to worry about concealing a weapon though.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    I add to all that live in SC, please be proactive and write your Rep and Senator. NOT SURE ??? South Carolina Legislature Online
    Grassroots said that writing or emails don't do any good. They don't even read them. That's why Grassroots said to use colored paper to send postcards to your representative on H 3292. They could tell by the color that Grassroots was "speaking for you".

Is this guy with Grassroots kidding? Do our reps not even look at correspondence from those which they represent? Are they that pompous that they think they are on a higher level than us? Do they forget who put them there? Or is Grassroots just trying to make themselves look more important than they are?

8. Tactical-Life.com South Carolina bill would loosen pistol permit laws.

So if we don't need permits anymore then we wouldn't get any reciprocity or recognition with any other state ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Tactical-Life.com South Carolina bill would loosen pistol permit laws.

So if we don't need permits anymore then we wouldn't get any reciprocity or recognition with any other state ? ? ?

SC could still offer permits to those who want them for reciprocity while traveling...being Shall Issue of course...

10. I just can't read that legalize. So if it passes as is we still have to pony up $50. fingerprints, photo, vision proof etc... but they can't deny if we aren't criminal/insane or we can just carry without anything as long as we're not criminal/insane ??

The way it reads you don't need a permit to CC or OC as long as your are not going to commit a crime and only if you can legally own a firearm. CWP permits will still be available for those that want one which makes it convenient for CC in other states.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast