Help Kill H.3405 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Kill H.3405

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Of Course.

Join the conversation at scfirearms : South Carolina Firearms Ownership

See ya there.
    I receive emails from the group daily. Don't know if it me or that I don't use IE, but the forum organization feels disjointed. Feels like the old fashioned newsgroup forums I used to get on in the late 80's/early 90's. Sometimes very hard to follow and hard to post
    tried to post Rep. Daning's reply to my request for support of H. 3292 and can't find it...

----- Forwarded Message ----
    To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
    Sent: Fri, January 28, 2011 1:16:16 PM
    Subject: RE: Please sponsor H 3292 ~ Website email from Shane Partridge

Mr. Partridge,
    Thank you for your email concerning H 3292. First of all let me say I am a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. But as an educator, father, and grandfather I have a concern with weapons on school or college campuses. H 3292 would allow all those with Concealed Weapons Permits to bring their weapons and ammunition on school grounds or college campuses and keep them in their cars. The currently law allows CWPs to lock their weapons in the car if they are in transit through the school or campus such as picking up or dropping off someone.

I have asked the author of H 3292, Rep. Pitts, if he would be opposed to maintaining the current law in reference to schools and colleges and he said he would support that. I therefore have requested that an amendment be submitted to H 3292 to maintain the current language and strike the portion that would allow anyone to keep/store weapons and ammunition in their car while on school grounds or college campuses.

Since the bill is still in Committed and has not had a public hearing yet we don't have finished version. Once it is passed from the committee to the House i will take another look at it so see if I can support the bill.

Thank you again for your email. I hope this has answered your question and if I can be of any further service to you please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Joe Daning
    South Carolina House of Representatives
    Berkeley County, District 92

------------------------------------------------------

What I was referring to was an actual local "Rating"

It is my understanding that the bill 3405 was killed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12