South Carolina Resident Eligible for New Hampshire Concealed Carry Permit?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Carolina Resident Eligible for New Hampshire Concealed Carry Permit?

Question South Carolina Resident Eligible for New Hampshire Concealed Carry Permit?

I am a SC resident. Can I get a NH non-resident permit

From what I can see, yes as long as you have a concealed carry permit from another state already and have a valid reason. Here is a link to the New Hampshire Non-Resident Application.

Can anyone verify that this is correct?

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Yes, if you already have your SC resident CWP. Unfortunately, last year they raised the price from $25 to $100. Depending on what states you're trying to add for carry, you may find that PA is a better deal. I currently have both but will probably let the NH expire when the time comes.

Links to both...

Non-Resident CWP Applications
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Thanks!

I was looking to pick up Alabama and Georgia. PA only gives me Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    From what I can see, yes as long as you have a concealed carry permit from another state already and have a valid reason. Here is a link to the New Hampshire Non-Resident Application.

Can anyone verify that this is correct?
    That is correct....and reason can be self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    Thanks!

I was looking to pick up Alabama and Georgia. PA only gives me Georgia.

Assuming you have your SC permit...save some money and get Arizona...will save $40 for initial...your SC permit will serve as your required training...and it will give you the coverage you are looking for.
    Last edited by lukem; 02-05-2011 at 02:22 PM.

NH has a fairly quick turnaround on NR permits. My renewal only took just over a week and my son's new permit was less than 30 days. Hopefully they are still getting them out as quick now. Just follow the instructions on the form and you won't have any problems. Just make sure you put Protection or All Proper Purposes in the reason for permit area.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Personally, I would spend the extra 17 dollars and get Florida's... the only thing NH gives you over Florida is .... NH.

Even though we have receprocity with FL, I like to have a permit from a state that I frequent a lot.... is why I have FL, VA permits.... I'd have a Georgia one if they issued non residents.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Personally, I would spend the extra 17 dollars and get Florida's... the only thing NH gives you over Florida is .... NH.

Even though we have receprocity with FL, I like to have a permit from a state that I frequent a lot.... is why I have FL, VA permits.... I'd have a Georgia one if they issued non residents.
    I was going to go with NH as well until it went to a $100 now I'll just get a Florida non resident for $17 more. With my SC resident and a FL non resident that should get me the most coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by homershoots View Post
    I was going to go with NH as well until it went to a $100 now I'll just get a Florida non resident for $17 more. With my SC resident and a FL non resident that should get me the most coverage.
    did you look at AZ?

Well I did look at the Arizona website briefly and while it would save me about $60 I think I would rather just get the Florida. It does and a few more states ( 2 I think ) and I already have the app. and print cards. Does the AZ permit require prints or no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast