South Carolina Concealed Carry Law Changes May Be Coming

Thread: South Carolina Concealed Carry Law Changes May Be Coming

South Carolina Concealed Carry Law Changes May Be Coming

It appears that a bill that will liberalize (hate that word) will be coming to SC CC laws allowing for more permissive CC.

there has been a couple so far introduced, please explain.

Probably this one H3292

Please pay attention. H.3293 is not recent news. And as of today, it's most likely dead.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Please pay attention. H.3293 is not recent news. And as of today, it's most likely dead.
    I really hope H.3293 is not dead as I could really use that one. I can't afford a golf cart and a ATV but would love to legally ride my 4 wheeler around the neighborhood and to church.

2011-2012 Bill 3293: Golf carts - South Carolina Legislature Online

TO AMEND SECTION 56-3-115, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE OPERATION OF GOLF CARTS ALONG THE STATE'S HIGHWAYS, SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT THIS PROVISION ALSO APPLIES TO THE OPERATION OF ROAD TERRAIN VEHICLES ALONG THE STATE'S HIGHWAYS

7. Cwp

Question? My wife is expecting her cwp to arrive anytime now. Any reason to celebrate should, if, and when 3292 passes in some form? I feel this passing would be a step forward for everyone but I read only one advantage to the laminated card. School carry. I have several co workers and family members now wanting their 's. Should I tell them to save the 100 plus bucks and 3 month wait? Only other advantage I can see is having the proof of training, copy of our card for non resident carry in other states.

Don't base a decision like that on a bill that hasn't passed! Tell them to get their permits. Even if it passes you don't want to be stuck only being able to carry in SC.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

As I stated in another thread, H.3292 has been amended to *****.

http://www.scfirearms.org/Legislativ..._amendment.pdf

Again, I apologize if the facts don't support anyone's opinion. Please read and take action.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

3 current threads on the same topic?

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    3 current threads on the same topic?
    It makes it damn difficult to keep up, doesn't it? But ya can't make people read before posting. That's why I spammed all three.