H.3292 just passed in Committee! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: H.3292 just passed in Committee!

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by badarac View Post
    That's my plan. Work to try and correct and improve on the bill as it moves through the process. If it was coming up for a vote as written I certainly wouldn't oppose it though.
    As is written I will not oppose it but I think (although I have no real idea why or how) that the part about requiring out-of-state residents to have a permit but in-state resident not to will pass constutional muster, either state or US. As I said I think they have the restaurant/bar carry ass-backwards and I don't understand the having to show your permit part but neither one affects me very much.

    We just went through both the reciprocity and school carry deal only a short time ago so I doubt that the foes of either one have changed their minds in a short time (although they may not still be in the Legislature) and ready to pass a sweeping change. Getting the whole thing shot down because of those two items would be terrible and I am sure the subcommittee looked at that. Some of the changes will be nothing more than a pissing contest to see who gets the "one word" in that they want so they can claim victory in getting the bill passed when it really won't make a bit of difference in actual practice.

  2.   
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Greater Cleveland Area, Ohio
    Posts
    2
    I had also heard that SC was thinking about honoring all CCW permits from around the country, is that still the case or not?

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmax357 View Post
    I had also heard that SC was thinking about honoring all CCW permits from around the country, is that still the case or not?
    No! Did you read the thread?

    The amendment gutted recognition from the bill so we'll still only have SLED approved reciprocity.

    Apparently some people think this is a step in the right direction.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    I'm not sure when the panel met yesterday but the bill has been updated as of yesterday, February 24, 2011 at 11:25 AM. I haven't had a chance to look at the the bill from 1/12/2011 to compare the two.

    2011-2012 Bill 3292: Handguns - South Carolina Legislature Online


    I agree with you FN1910 and badarac. Even if they don't pass it with the same wording and a certain organizations blessings it will still be an improvement. Everyone can have their own opinion, however I'll not belittle anyone for their views as some have.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester State Forest, SC
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Everyone can have their own opinion, however I'll not belittle anyone for their views as some have.
    That's easy to say when you're on the sidelines watching instead of in the trenches fighting. Isn't it?

    This entire conversation is all for nothing anyway. Because of the way the bill was originally written, and now the way it has been amended, H.3292 is as good as dead. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

    Hopefully some good will come of it and it will spawn singular specific bills which will have a better chance of making it through the legislative process so we can fight the enemies of freedom one at a time instead of all at once.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

  7. If H.3292 becomes law in some form ,it's still at least a year away ?

  8. #27
    For those interested in Section 2 of H.3292 which was deleted by the subcommittee about employee guns in parking lots you need to look at H.3664. Over 2 weeks ago a deal was made to delete that section and was introduced as a separate bill by a different set of Reps. I do not know what the deal was but I will guess that to gain their support of 3292 that part had to be introduced separately.

    Another interesting note that I have not seen anyone make is that H.3665, a separate bill, is all of a sudden included in 3292. It sure appears to me that here has been a lot of wheeling and dealing among the House Members to get support for this bill.

    When it was first introduced I gave it little chance of passage but it sure appears that the sponsors have been doing a lot of back room dealing and back scratching to get it going. I don't know what the final bill will be but right now I would say the chances of some version will make it through this session. Now if your attitude is all or nothing then I would hate to have been at your house on Christmas morning when you didn't get everything on your list and went back upstairs to your bedroom and pouted refusing to play with any of your toys.

    2011-2012 Bill 3664: Storing of ammunition/firearms - South Carolina Legislature Online

    2011-2012 Bill 3665: License to sell or transfer pistols - South Carolina Legislature Online

  9. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    If H.3292 becomes law in some form ,it's still at least a year away ?
    As soon as it's signed by the Governor.

    SECTION 12. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    For those interested in Section 2 of H.3292 which was deleted by the subcommittee about employee guns in parking lots you need to look at H.3664. Over 2 weeks ago a deal was made to delete that section and was introduced as a separate bill by a different set of Reps. I do not know what the deal was but I will guess that to gain their support of 3292 that part had to be introduced separately.

    Another interesting note that I have not seen anyone make is that H.3665, a separate bill, is all of a sudden included in 3292. It sure appears to me that here has been a lot of wheeling and dealing among the House Members to get support for this bill.

    When it was first introduced I gave it little chance of passage but it sure appears that the sponsors have been doing a lot of back room dealing and back scratching to get it going. I don't know what the final bill will be but right now I would say the chances of some version will make it through this session. Now if your attitude is all or nothing then I would hate to have been at your house on Christmas morning when you didn't get everything on your list and went back upstairs to your bedroom and pouted refusing to play with any of your toys.

    2011-2012 Bill 3664: Storing of ammunition/firearms - South Carolina Legislature Online

    2011-2012 Bill 3665: License to sell or transfer pistols - South Carolina Legislature Online
    I just got this in my email and didn't see your post. I started a thread on it. Sorry...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  11. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    That's easy to say when you're on the sidelines watching instead of in the trenches fighting. Isn't it?

    This entire conversation is all for nothing anyway. Because of the way the bill was originally written, and now the way it has been amended, H.3292 is as good as dead. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

    Hopefully some good will come of it and it will spawn singular specific bills which will have a better chance of making it through the legislative process so we can fight the enemies of freedom one at a time instead of all at once.
    You have to be the most arrogant person in the world, perhaps universe, besides Obama. I would just like to publicly state this, as others probably think this as well, so you might come down off your high horse. You talk down to people in almost every post you make on this forum.

    Your views may line up with me, in fact they are 100% dead on, but don't think I wouldn't punch you in the face if you acted like this off the internet and I was around to see and hear you. Seriously, you sound more like a keyboard/forum warrior than someone actually trying to make a difference.

    I am sure most members on this forum will agree. I invite others to look over hp-hobo posts, maybe there is some background info our there that can explain why he is such an ass???

    I hope he acts this way because he is overzealous for true, forefathers, 2nd amendment support, and not because he is an ass about everything in life. There is no reason for his behavior here.

    I do thank you, hp-hobo, for all your help with the bill, if you have done what you say you have, like contacting reps, attending meetings, etc. What is it you do at these meetings anyway? Do tell what you mean by trenches. Do you just sit there and watch what is going on or do you get involved with the committee?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast