Confused on CCW Reform bill
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused on CCW Reform bill

Confused on CCW Reform bill

I have a question on the SC CCW reform bill. Will it affect those of us that have a SC permit and a non-resident permit from another state? For example, I have the SC resident permit and a NH non-resident. Will this affect the NH non-resident?

No it won't because nothing really changes the permit program. You'll have an option to not get a CWP and carry just in SC or to get/keep you CWP that has reciprocity with other states. As long as you keep you SC CWP your NH non resident permit will be good.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Thanks Red Hat. That's what I wanted to know.

You're welcome!
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

So what's the down side of this proposed bill?
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

7. Correct! Keep your SC CWP so you can exercise your OC rights in Georgia and Tennessee. You know, where legislation works for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by mappow View Post
    So what's the down side of this proposed bill?
    None as long as Grassroots keeps out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    None as long as Grassroots keeps out of it!
    Hey guys, don't listen to the Brady/VPC plant. He'll give you just enough facts to make himself believable.

For the facts look here. GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose. There is an update that should be posted soon.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    Hey guys, don't listen to the Brady/VPC plant. He'll give you just enough facts to make himself believable.

For the facts look here. GrassRoots South Carolina - Our Goal: Citizens carrying arms whenever and wherever they choose. There is an update that should be posted soon.
    Most of you know me here and know what I stand for. Just look at the facts and take what Grassroots releases with a grain of salt! For some reason they have decided to sabotage this bill! They have a deep hatred for the NRA and like a bunch of 2 year old kids throw a tantrum when they don't get what they want. If you look at the post by this member all he has done is belittle members and go against everything that has been said about this bill. If there ever was a Brady plant he/she would make a good one! Just look at this video and see how they have treated the very people that are trying to give us back some of our lost rights. No matter what they do Grassroots is never satisfied. There are too may good things in this bill to lose and I don't want Grassroots muck it up for us!

the problem with the bill as it is proposed with amendments is that it would make it illegal for anyone from out of state to have a handgun in S.C. unless they have a permit from their home state that is recognized by S.C.
    Carry the way it is written in S.C. law also means to transport... which means folks with out a recognized permit from their home state will not be able to have a handgun in S.C. anywhere.... not in their glove box or even in their trunk unloaded.

Grassroots found this unacceptable... it is a clear violation of the 2nd amendment and it a big step backwards for gun rights. They, of which I belong, don't think we should throw out the rights of others to get a something else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast