H.3292/Viers Amendment Action Alert/Update - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: H.3292/Viers Amendment Action Alert/Update

Posted by HP Hobo:
    You'll only support the bill if the parking lot portion is changed. In other words you want a law that would force business owners to allow you to have a firearm on their private property. That sounds an awful lot like trampling private property owners rights to me.
    This is about the only part of the above post I take issue with HP. Honestly, this statement sounds like something a looney "leftist" would say not you.

This is JMHO; but, an employer's "private" property's rights END where mine start. (In this case, my automobile.) You were making a GREAT argument up to that point; then you took a "LEFT" turn.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct that "lawfully" carrying is "lawfully" carrying. Be it in my car OR on my person, "IF" it is "legal" for me to be carrying a firearm, it should NOT be ANYONE elses business; PERIOD, end of discussion, exclamation point!

(This is one reason I feel state & local gun laws ALWAYS come up short & violate my constitutionally guarenteed rights.)

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    This is about the only part of the above post I take issue with HP. Honestly, this statement sounds like something a looney "leftist" would say not you.

This is JMHO; but, an employer's "private" property's rights END where mine start. (In this case, my automobile.) You were making a GREAT argument up to that point; then you took a "LEFT" turn.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct that "lawfully" carrying is "lawfully" carrying. Be it in my car OR on my person, "IF" it is "legal" for me to be carrying a firearm, it should NOT be ANYONE elses business; PERIOD, end of discussion, exclamation point!

(This is one reason I feel state & local gun laws ALWAYS come up short & violate my constitutionally guarenteed rights.)
    You're confusing my attempt at exposing where he's being hypocritical with my opinion on the subject. I never stated or implied what my opinion is.
    "I believe we should achieve a national standard on gun control, and that standard should be none whatsoever."

Just as normal pick and choose a differnt part of it so you don't have to acknowledge what is really in there. :)

From H.3292 published on the SC State House Website:

2011-2012 Bill 3292: Handguns - South Carolina Legislature Online

Section 23-31-710. (A) A business entity, property owner or legal possessor, or public or private employer may not establish, maintain, or enforce a policy or rule that prohibits or has the effect of prohibiting a person from transporting or storing a legally-possessed firearm or legally-possessed ammunition when the firearm or ammunition is locked out of sight within the trunk, glove box, or other enclosed compartment or area within or on the person's privately-owned motor vehicle.
    F) The prohibitions in subsection (A) shall not apply to the owner of an owner-occupied single-family detached residence or a tenant in a tenant-occupied single-family detached residence with respect to a vehicle parked on the grounds of the residential property.
    This applies to every private property owner in the state. If it had only applied to businessies then I would be fine with it but to every piece of private property in the state then that is too far. The whole deal was supposed to be about employees keepigng their guns in their car while at work but that wasn't good enough for Mr. Pitts or Mr. Roberts, they had to try an rub the noses of every property owner in the state in it by saying my 2A rights trump all of your rights.

5. Check this out powers that be in SC. Our state cannot even get open carry alone, much less worries about 3292 setting us back further. This is why brag on Georgia.
    [/B]Senate Bill 98 would Authorize The Creation of an additional Paragraph (a.1) that Georgia Weapons Carry License Holders may Carry a Firearm in ANY Place in The State of Georgia EXCEPT: Courthouses, Jails, Prisons, School Safety Zones as Defined under 16-11-127, and Nuclear Power Plants.
    No more Government Building and Voting Booth Bans..., should this Pass The Full Committee AND The Full Floor of The Georgia General Assembly.
    Should this Bill be Modified by Committee, The Modification will not Appear until Tomorrow!
    Hopefully..., The Committee will Recomend DO PASS on Senate Bill 98!

Here is a post that just found on another forum. Looks like it is dead until later this year.

I just received this from my representative, Eric Bikas. __________________________________________________ ____________________ Hey Eddie: I would have emailed you back on Sunday, but I didn't have any substantial information for you. Now I do, Thad Viers(sub committee chair) and Mike Pitts(original author) have decided to pull 3292 off of the table because of the flak they have received. Instead a new bill will be introduced and become the new gun rights bill. They tell me that we will take the new bill up this year. I am frustrated but sometimes that is how things goinColumbia. I am optimistic about this new bill though. EB _____

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12