Loaded magazines, alone, considered concealed weapons? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loaded magazines, alone, considered concealed weapons?

In South Carolina the following is a Concealed Weapon and is the only thing that is covered or involved with your CWP. It does not cover knives, batons, rifles, shotguns or ammunition. Also note that it does not cover all handguns as some are too long.

(6) "Concealable weapon" means a firearm having a length of less than twelve inches measured along its greatest dimension that must be carried in a manner that is hidden from public view in normal wear of clothing except when needed for self-defense, defense of others, and the protection of real or personal property.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    In South Carolina the following is a Concealed Weapon and is the only thing that is covered or involved with your CWP. It does not cover knives, batons, rifles, shotguns or ammunition. Also note that it does not cover all handguns as some are too long.
    That's the way I saw it but I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something.

Quote Originally Posted by hp-hobo View Post
    All of which has exactly zero, zilch, nada to do with carry in South Carolina. Why waste the electrons?
    Are you afraid that we might run out of 1's and 0's?

I check SC Law with regard to explosives and hazardous materials...
    I remember this being an issue a while back...

SC specifically states that small arms ammunition are not explosive materials.

SECTION 23-36-30. Definitions.
    (2) "Explosive" means any chemical compound, mixture, or device, the primary or intended common purpose of which is to function by explosion. The term includes, but is not limited to, dynamite and other high explosives, black powder in quantities in excess of five pounds, pellet powder, initiating explosives, detonators, squibs, and detonating cord. It does not mean small arms ammunition or components of small arms ammunition.

However, even if they are not considered explosive materials in our state, FEDERAL regulations may be different, i.e. Post Office

For example: you have to pay explosive HAZ MAT fees for primers and gun powder which are components of small arms ammunition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12