9 12 Goose Creek Meeting-Thursday 8/04 at 700 pm - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9 12 Goose Creek Meeting-Thursday 8/04 at 700 pm

Fox we meet the first Thursday of every month at Berkeley CO OP in Goose Creek, all are welcome. For more info: Goose Creek 9-12 Project
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

OK-for those that couldn't make it, here's the rub;

Sheriff Dewitt during the meeting and after, agreed that he supported that if you have a CWP you should be allowed to open carry in any place that is not prohibited to CC. He also agreed that the Law should be amended to reflect the ability to carry in Restaurants that have on premise consumption of alcohol. Although the same rules apply to non ingestion of any alcohol while carrying. This Law is currently on the books and I agree with it. (Some people won't, but they can have the Laws changed by their work. I'm just concerned about OC and Restaurants that serve alcohol)

NEXT STEP;Set up a meeting with my State Senator, Paul Campbell, and go over the process we need to go through to amend State Law. Amass support from other districts (THIS IS WERE THE REST OF YOU SC PEOPLE COME IN) A PRE-FILING prior to January, First reading in the Senate, then proceed to Committee.
    I'll hopefully run in to the Senator tomorrow morning at the Breakfast in Goose Creek. Please any and all that would like to attend, please come. Great breakfast, $ 6.00 price. If the good Senator is not there then I'll contact him for a meeting next week.

Berkeley County Republican Breakfast: The first Saturday of each month at 9:00 am at the American Legion Post 166, 116 Howe Hall Road, Goose Creek. Contact Charles Schuster at (843) 509-6027 or Nancy Corbin at (843) 688-4975.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Mappow - I thought that H.3292 would be the OC for South Carolina?

H3292 has become so convoluted that it died in committee. I am trying to address this and submit through the Senate. ANY AND ALL help and assistance from everyone across these Boarders we call South Carolina will be to the benefit of ALL. Please see my thread on LTR to my Senator. PM me if you need.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12