Ordering ammunition question - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ordering ammunition question

Surplus AmmoHome

This is where I go but I drive there. They also ship. I picked up 9mm for 16.5 cents each on the first box of 1000 I got there and 18.5 a few weeks ago. Yup, its still $185 for the case of 1000.

look on this site at the ads for PalmettoStateArmory.com keep the money in OUR state
    A Body Piercing
    Saved My Life
    <(((><

4. Thanks again

You can order brass and bullets through the mail. I will admit that our mail lady does not like the 2000 Precision Delta bullets in the one price box. UPS has worked fine for all other ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    There are no restritions in SC about Ordering Small Arms Ammunition.
    Most places will require you to show identication/proof of age when ordering.

As to shipping, UPS is the only way to go.
    I wonder how much business FEDEX lost when they started requiring the HAZMAT fee.
    Interesting.

Scottsdaleammo.com just sent me 500 rounds of HPR 9mm TMJ through FedEx Ground. Just delivered it yesterday (Saturday).

I think a lot of it has to do with the local FEDEX and vendor and how/if they declare HAZMAT or ORM-D.

I used to get a choice between FEDEX or UPS. Don't know what changed, maybe FEDEX now interprets ammunition like the USPS as an explosive HAZMAT...

Feels like they no longer want my business.

FEDEX also requires overnight priority on Firearms shipments instead of next day, which really makes them expensive.

ADDED - doesn't mean FEDEX doesn't ship ammo, just means they can be more expensive than UPS.
    Last edited by melloyello; 08-22-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: extra comment

8. Do you have to be home to sign for ammo or will UPS leave it on the porch if no one is home ?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
    Do you have to be home to sign for ammo or will UPS leave it on the porch if no one is home ?
    No, they can leave it at the door. I receive an order today from SGAmmo. It was waiting for me at the door when I got home today.

10. Good to know, thanks.

Hey Fox: In addition to all of the above, try Georgia Arms. New and remanufactured ammo--very good prices and choice on calibre and quantity. In addition they are always at the gun shows in SC and you can preorder and pick up the ammo at the show. You avoid shipping charges but must pay tax. Going to show this sunday in Charleston area and will be picking up some.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast