CWP application question
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: CWP application question

  1. CWP application question

    Does anyone know if I'm required to submit my qualification target along with the other forms for my SC CWP permit?

    I remember the instructor said to send it, but looking at the application checklist, its not listed as a "must have".

    Thanks!

  2.   
  3. #2
    not required in NC .. maybe something they do in SC? .. i would think they would say something on the forms about it ..
    stay safe ..
    SB

  4. #3
    The CWP instructor that signed your certificate must keep a record of it.

    KK

  5. CWP Documents

    You must send in a copy of your CWP Training Certificate. Your instructor should have given you one. This will have your written test score, your range qualification score and your instructors number on it. The application does note the other documents you need, namely a copy of your driver's license, both fingerprint cards and a money order or certified check for $50. I always give the student their target to keep. Good luck. Bill

  6. #5
    Note that if you are a disabled veteran your fee is waved in SC, check it out, you must send proof of disability.

  7. #6
    Also note that you do NOT need to provide your social security number.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Throttleup View Post
    You must send in a copy of your CWP Training Certificate. Your instructor should have given you one. This will have your written test score, your range qualification score and your instructors number on it. The application does note the other documents you need, namely a copy of your driver's license, both fingerprint cards and a money order or certified check for $50. I always give the student their target to keep. Good luck. Bill
    Thanks..yes I have all that.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Also note that you do NOT need to provide your social security number.
    They will have it anyways since they pull from SCDMV database..who in fact do have SS numbers.

    Besides, it asks for it on the application.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    They will have it anyways since they pull from SCDMV database..who in fact do have SS numbers.
    That is not entirely correct, they can pull information from SCDMV databases but the DVM can only release certain information. The DMV cannot release social security numbers.

    Quote Originally Posted by DLB1964 View Post
    Besides, it asks for it on the application.
    Does not matter, the SC Personal Protection Act of 1996 did not autherize SLED to collect that piece of information. They don't need it, and you should leave that item blank.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    That is not entirely correct, they can pull information from SCDMV databases but the DVM can only release certain information. The DMV cannot release social security numbers.



    Does not matter, the SC Personal Protection Act of 1996 did not autherize SLED to collect that piece of information. They don't need it, and you should leave that item blank.
    So, you are telling me that in the 15 years that law has been in affect, SLED has not updated their forms to not ask for SS numbers?

    I called my instructor..who told me to make sure every blank was filled in or SLED would reject it.

    Not arguing your point..as I'm not crazy about giving out my SS number..but I also don't want my application denied.

    Did you include your SS number?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast