Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
    In another vein, how about liquor stores? Most have vendors who sometimes provide free samples. So, they aren't really selling booze by the drink.

Is the pup's name Rambo?
    Can't do that in SC, the only way liquor can be served is in a restaurant, hotel, or private club. A liquor store is not licenced for on premesis consumption.

And Daisey is the Dog's name.

3. Samples are dispensed here in the upstate.

A year or so ago, Junior Johnson, Old Leadfoot hisself, was handing out free tastes of his corn likker.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueridge View Post
    Samples are dispensed here in the upstate.
    Yes, they are, but they need to be dispensed at a private club, restaurant, or hotel.

5. Thanks for the info. The 642 can stay in the car. I don't care to get busted in a cop raid.

The question about Vetinary offices have come up before and I don't think that there has ever been a definate answer on it. One thing to keep in mind that if the employer gives permission to carry then it is not illegal to carry even in a hospital or doctors office. I don't know what kind of job you are applying for but in a Vet. Clinic working with animals all day around other people I am going to say that to keep your gun concealed and others not discover you are carrying is going to be difficult. If you are offered the job then ask if it is OK to carry and then you are covered. The law does not say you cannot carry, just that you cannot carry without permission. The same way with churches in SC, it just says that you need permission in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    Yes, they are, but they need to be dispensed at a private club, restaurant, or hotel.
    They are dispensed here in Columbia at the Wine Store every Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Berta View Post
    If it is legal and not against their employment policy I don't think I could be fired.
    You can be fired for anything. I once enacted a company-wide no-smoking policy at the request of the majority of employees. No smoking on premises, in car or offensive cigarette smell on your person. Those who resisted were let go. Good luck getting the job back. The employer is not required to state each and every policy in writing. In most states the emnployer does not have to provide a reason for letting you go. Smaller companies may not have an employee handbook containing such rules.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by JoeH View Post
    They are dispensed here in Columbia at the Wine Store every Thursday.
    The law is different with wine than with liquor. Liquor can only be served in a private club, hotel or restaurant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123