Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"?

Is a Veterinary office considered a "medical facility"?

Can you carry into a veterinary office? I did not see any gun buster signs on the door.

It's a medical treatment for animals. You can carry there, but your pets can't.

Good thing I don't live in South Carolina!

Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Oh the double posting bug has bitten me...
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I can carry into the vet's office we use. I can also carry into any area hospital, doctors office, post office, school or airport up to the security stations and have at any and all of those and many, many more... But what can I say, I'm an "internet rambo", or so I've been called! For you trolling LEO types, I was only kidding. ;-)

It's just a matter of choice. We all choose what we will or will not do based on our own set of experiences, feelings and values. Some will agree with me, others will not. Iz kew, yo.

Nice dog, Navy. He's made it onto several threads, must be popular!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It's a medical treatment for animals. You can carry there, but your pets can't.

Good thing I don't live in South Carolina!

Especially since South Carolina does not allow OC at this time.

IMPORTANT! CCW holders need to differentiate between actual "hospitals" and doctor's offices or urgent care centers. In most states, the last two do not fall under the "hospital" classification that automatically restricts a CCW holder. I always carry to my doctors appointments as none of them post Gunbuster signs and secure my weapon when visiting any facility with the word "Hospital" in the title that treats humans.

There are actual licensing differences between these facilities under Business & Professions Code of each state that gives them certain benefits but makes them live up to certain other conditions, so there is a definite difference to calling yourself a "Hospital" - a doctor cannot just choose to do so for marketing purposes.

(Obligatory Warning)
    As always, check with an attorney or your states Attorney General before deciding which facilities are safe for carry in your area.

Quote Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
    IMPORTANT! CCW holders need to differentiate between actual "hospitals" and doctor's offices or urgent care centers. In most states, the last two do not fall under the "hospital" classification that automatically restricts a CCW holder.
    IMPORTANT! CCW holders need to know their own state laws!

In most states there is no prohibition against carrying in a hospital or any other "medical facility". The only prohibition in Washington state is in the secure area of a public mental institution where patients are housed.

This is the South Carolina prohibition:
    (10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor's office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer.

Clearly a doctor's office and ugrent care center is off-limits in South Carolina. I would not say that a Veterinary Office is, though.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Clearly a doctor's office and ugrent care center is off-limits in South Carolina. I would not say that a Veterinary Office is, though.
    That is correct NavyLCDR. I should also point out that there is no law against CCW Badges in South Carolina, not that we need any stinkin badges.

No law against carry in any medical facility in NYS.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I need to know specifically for South Carolina. I applied for a job at a veterinary clinic and I do not want to bring up the subject at my interview. I'd rather know the law, and if legally allowed, carry without having anyone know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast