South Carolina Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: South Carolina Open and Concealed Carry Laws and Information

Per the law - you can store it in a "secured in a closed glove compartment, closed console, closed trunk, or in a closed container secured by an integral fastener and transported in the luggage compartment of the vehicle"

IANAL but considering I stow my luggage in my cab of my truck and if it is in a closed container secured with an integral fastener, i.e. maybe like a zipped range bag, that would fit the definition.

In SC you do not need a permit to have a handgun in the car. It does not need to be locked up. It can be in the glove box or console so of course the trunk or bag is fine. Stay off school grounds unless you have a permit to carry and then it must be off your body. I think SC also included "under the drivers seat" but I wouldn't swear to it.

Without a CHP, NC is trickier for vehicle carry than SC. In NC the gun must be in view, or inaccessible to both driver and passengers. In SC, just out of sight.

So in NC, you could have it on your dash or console, and then put it in the console as you cross into SC.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234